DOL Email

Started by Buzz, December 31, 2020, 02:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

So according to the Email from Dept. of Labor, whether you get an automatic extension or not depends on whether your year has ended ... but effective as of the week beginning Jan. 3. I believe it is the same for the extra $300, so looks like we're screwed for this week.

"You do not need to call the Department of Labor to receive extended benefits. If your unemployment benefit year (the 52-week period after you first received benefits) has not expired, you should continue to certify weekly to automatically receive the extensions. If your unemployment benefit year has already ended, and you have not previously reapplied for extended benefits, you should submit a new application online."
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 31, 2020, 02:39:01 AM
So according to the Email from Dept. of Labor, whether you get an automatic extension or not depends on whether your year has ended ... but effective as of the week beginning Jan. 3. I believe it is the same for the extra $300, so looks like we're screwed for this week.

"You do not need to call the Department of Labor to receive extended benefits. If your unemployment benefit year (the 52-week period after you first received benefits) has not expired, you should continue to certify weekly to automatically receive the extensions. If your unemployment benefit year has already ended, and you have not previously reapplied for extended benefits, you should submit a new application online."

Well Buzz....if it says it begins the week of January 3rd, when we claim this Sunday it's going to say the week ending the 3rd, so we should get the extra 300 I would think.

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 31, 2020, 03:42:58 AM
Well Buzz....if it says it begins the week of January 3rd, when we claim this Sunday it's going to say the week ending the 3rd, so we should get the extra 300 I would think.

It says for the week "beginning" Jan. 3. When we claim on the 3rd it's for the week beginning 12/28 and ending on Jan.3.

But unemployment's week starts on Monday, the 4th, not the 3rd. We'll have to see what they do with claims filed on the 3rd.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 31, 2020, 12:41:10 PM
Quote from: TheKid24 on December 31, 2020, 03:42:58 AM

It says for the week "beginning" Jan. 3. When we claim on the 3rd it's for the week beginning 12/28 and ending on Jan.3.

But unemployment's week starts on Monday, the 4th, not the 3rd. We'll have to see what they do with claims filed on the 3rd.

Our luck we won't get it 🤣 guess we will find out Tuesday when we get our payments

PROUD MEMBER

From what I read we will get the $300. The Governor stated that NYers will get the extra money for the week ENDING January 3rd. That's when our unemployment week ends.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 31, 2020, 03:55:46 PM
From what I read we will get the $300. The Governor stated that NYers will get the extra money for the week ENDING January 3rd. That's when our unemployment week ends.

I think you're right. Previous articles (as well as the UI website and email) I found said "The week beginning Jan. 3" which would have excluded us. However, this one says "covering the pay period ending Jan. 3."

If you and this article are correct, we should be good.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2020/12/29/unemployment-new-york-when-to-expect-extra-300-pua/4077488001/

TheKid24

Only one way to find out guys.....when we wake up Tuesday morning lmaooo but I believe we will get it based on our logic and probably their public relations screw up. The week doesn't start the 3rd it ends the 3rd.

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 31, 2020, 04:34:59 PM
The week doesn't start the 3rd it ends the 3rd.

Correct ... and it never really made sense to me saying "beginning the week of Jan. 3" because Jan. 3 a is Sunday and unemployment's weeks always start on a Monday. But leave it to UI to confuse the shit out of people.

OMG

Is the waiting period waived also ? I just opened a new claim my BYE was the 27th

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on December 31, 2020, 06:01:44 PM
Is the waiting period waived also ? I just opened a new claim my BYE was the 27th

A notice to that effect still appears on DOL website so I'd assume so ... although last spring/summer we had to call to get that adjusted.