NYC Public Schools Closed Tomorrow

Started by Buzz, January 26, 2015, 07:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on February 01, 2015, 01:43:03 PM
  Buzz please pull me off the site

NEVER!! You're too entertaining.

Joking aside, I don't always agree with you, but I do admire your commitment and tenacity.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

1union
It's almost 8:00am and your grammar & spelling is still in  need of some help. I say that kiddingly but serious at the same time because obviously I get the gist of your posts but with some of your statements it is a little difficult to understand exactly what you are saying. And I as I'm sure others are interested. Having said that I have to (some what) agree with you with regards to Members in the office. Although I really don't know if that is as much as a negative as you say or possibly a positive or just a plain necessity? With a shop of over 400 members the Steward and his Asst.(s) need a place to conduct business. Obviously there is no where else except in the office with access to a phone, computer, a desk, file cabinets, etc... Also at Pioneer the field trips are conducted unlike that of any other shop. That in itself probably takes Ernie's staff 3 to 4 hrs a day 3 or 4 days a week. I believe you said you are here 20 or 30 yrs so I assume as a senior member you enjoy the benefit of not doing field trips because of their hard work. HAVE A VOTE maybe senior members would prefer for the office to do the trips instead. This way there is no such thing as a NO TRIP RUN and the days of the Senior Members playing cards, cutting their grass, shoveling their snow, working a 2nd job, etc. would be gone. Secondly as per an Oath that all Union Members take it is our responsibility to not only take care of & be respectful to all members and our families but to everyone for the better of ourselves & our community. That includes Neil, Owen and the office staff. It's called being a good person with good morals. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you yourself agree that Marty was a nice guy. So I assume it was alright to be buddy buddy with him. Well that is the relationship that  we & our Reps have to try and regain. OBVIOUSLY WITHIN LIMITS!! Thirdly lets get to the subject of the exact relationship between Ernie and Owen. I don't know if occasionally they go out to dinner (which I hear & believe is true) but in the other hand I know for a fact (because I have been there) the times that Ernie has told Owen to go F himself. Just possibly having dinner with the guy and his wife may be a positive for us Members. Fourthly, maybe I misinterpated your post but talking negative about ANDY at least in my opinion is out of hand. Lastly, I don't always agree with Ernie on how he carries himself and the things he says & does. And when that happens I immediately confront him. First on a one to one and then if I feel the need to in front of our membership. That is how a Union works. This generalization of Ernie is a little drawn out now. I want someone to give me, Ernie and all the members at Pioneer specifics of when Ernie has not done right by a specific member or the entire membership at Pioneer in general. If someone can PLEASE DO and I'm sure 99 times out of 100 (no one is perfect) he will be able to explain himself. Until and/or unless another Member steps up that I believe can do a better job he will always have my vote!!

As always God Bless 1181

PS: I'm still waiting for some activity on this site with regards to the EPP and contacting the Mayor & Governor. I keep saying it but without the EPP the days of talking about anything else no matter if it's about a snow day, Ernie, your Super Bowl #'s, Michael, etc.., will all be gone!!

Just_Right

1union

The other day I questioned Ernie about how many runs we have to date. His answer to me was "There are approximately 380 runs" and then I asked how many people are employed here, he said" there are over 500 people"
Now You Sir 1union are living in the past when runs were few and people were few. Things have changed and times are different. And change seems to be something you can't accept.

Next I will say you need to mind your business when it comes to people's personal life. What Ernie and Andy do on their time is NONE of your business. If Ernie and Andy found a common ground with the office people or anyone else union or NOT union, is not your place to comment about. I don't see any reason to be upset or comment on their whereabouts after hours. IF THAT BE TRUE! And if this is going on apparently it's working because we still have jobs. And punishment has seem to have minimized. The only people who constantly have issues with the office are the ones who are repeatedly screwing up. Are you one of them??This is not all about *ME and fuck everyone else* .There are more important issues here like the EPP!!
It is NONE of your business. No one questions how many drinks or beers you pounded away when your bus is put away for the night or weekend. No one questions what you do or your whereabouts on YOUR time or who you're with and what you're doing with them.
And once again you keep bringing up jimmy conners who is dead and the day on his retirement he walked in and stated "I just want you all to know that 1181 has been fuking you all for years" And that is the man YOU looked up to. He reaped the same rewards that you do. Benefits, pension, salary and one of the greatest unions around .It may not be what it was then but that is what change is all about. Now let's speak about billy hass. Anytime someone asked him about a union question he was to busy playing cards to answer them and that is why he was never reelected. And I know for fact that (Laurie's sister) lost her job because Billy hass was to busy with his card game on Friday and didn't want to address the issue till the following Monday when it was to late. These are the men you praise!

So stop blaming Ernie and Andy for what they do and who they do it with. It does not reflect on YOUR hourly pay. The people who you constantly bash are stand up people. They come to work every day and as far as I know they do not get paid for anything extra they do for the union.

P.S. If you NEED Buzz to remove you from this site, you obviously are having some issues that need to be addressed with a professional team. OR just STOP speaking about the PAST! Or delete the site form your comp if you know how.

Andrewcappa

Hey Andrew here, hope everyone is doing well, I have a couple of things I would like to say in my behalf, what I do, or whom I do it with, in my private life,  is my concern, not yours.  It's none of your business.  As for 1 Union,  who ever he is, I like to refer to him as Lone Wolf, I think that's a better name. It seems to me that his cause to do I don't know what, is a lonely one. Your irrational behavior, and your bitterness is something of concern.  I can't believe that the pressures of this job, or the working conditions here at Pioneer,  would make anyone that bitter. Maybe you should take some time off, the rest might do you good. Our maybe the pressures of this job are to much for you, you might have to get a job with less working hrs. Well I don't known you aren't going to listen to me any way, I read your posts, you don't like me, I guess I'm the enemy, hey that ain't to bad I got ONE enemy out of 500 plus, I'll take it.  Have a great day. P.S. Actually I'm concerned about your well being, maybe your should consult professional help.

1union

Do your homework ask me one question,because this lone wolf runs with a pack and you think they all love you that's the problem so ask so of your boys from the past job they all don't want to get involved. Anyway why do you fratinize with the very guy who came in as a Union man and turned his back on us and does everything to up stage all great Union rules that were in place.f/u to the other 2 clowns anyone else about my spell ck or grammar I waste enough time. In my world Andy I would like to no when I come see you that it would be between me n you not the garage and I would like a guy who hates this prick of a manger who really turn his back on us. Only to find how great friends you are with him.P.S remember Owen last best friend soprano he ain't around no moore.  I am done here buzz please pull me off you got what you want,enjoy them,I would rather collect cans then stand with people who stand with management. I will keep my personal problems in house,but as far as opt goes fuck them.   Anyway Super Bowl enjoy your day. pm

1union

Thank you for your advise I'll wil take it ,you no anybody? Love the job not the assholes who run it!
Maybe with therapy you guys can call me when you go for dinner,right no I might not be able to eat you no with all the bullshit in the air.

PROUD MEMBER

1union
I put posts and make comments on this site in a respectful and from a concerned point of view for myself, my family and all of my Union Brothers & Sisters and their families INCLUDING YOURS!!! Even though at times I may disagree with other members I NEVER put them down. I respect their opinion just as I wish they respect mine. So two last comments on this subject. First, I'm still waiting for the list of specific things the Ernie and/or Andy have done to hurt and/or not help a Member at Pioneer. Secondly, I don't appreciate you saying FU to me and calling me a clown. If you read my post I stated that I WAS INTERESTED IN YOUR COMMENTS but because of your grammar sometimes I couldn't understand your exact point. In my opinion unfortunately for all Members including yourself your remarks are uncalled for and just shows that maybe you shouldn't be a Union Member. Maybe you should have a job that the only person you have to be concerned about is yourself. Lastly, stop asking Buzz to take you off this site. JUST DO IT YOURSELF!!!