The UI Conumdrum Continues

Started by Buzz, August 08, 2020, 06:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer2161

I had to open a new book during Easter week and if I recall correctly we got paid 2 more weeks after that. I used the email link on the UI page and stayed on top of the responses. It took me till my second claim in May once we stopped getting paid but I got paid for my waiting week and the additional 600 for all of the weeks. From what I am reading here I am one of the lucky ones.

WigWag16

Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 16, 2020, 11:24:19 PM
I had to open a new book during Easter week and if I recall correctly we got paid 2 more weeks after that. I used the email link on the UI page and stayed on top of the responses. It took me till my second claim in May once we stopped getting paid but I got paid for my waiting week and the additional 600 for all of the weeks. From what I am reading here I am one of the lucky ones.

My book ended today...calling tomorrow to open up a new one 🙄

WigWag

It's UI antiquated system that's screwing everyone up. If you call right away and straighten things out you shouldn't have to wait that long for your money.

WigWag16

Currently on hold waiting for a level three. First agent said they might just extend my claim. Passed me through to a level 3 and the next two peoples weren't level 3s, now on hold for a level 3 lol

WigWag16

So the level 3 agent opened my new claim over the phone. He asked if I claimed this week I said yes. He asked if I got paid I said not yet I usually get paid on Tuesdays and it said my payment was released today. He back tracked the new claim to last Sunday August 10th and it will end next year. He told me my info would be updated by today once he finishes the claim and to continue to claim as of this Sunday. All he asked was the company I worked for, no last day of work or return day to work. All peachy right? Well here's the part where you get angry. He tells me My rate is 358 a week. I said how is that possible when I was making the maximum 504 a week. He said he doesn't know the answer to that and will transfer me. Now I'm being passed around from agent to agent 🤦🏻‍♂️

hognol

Wigwag, can you advise on how to get through via phone so quickly? Any tips?

WigWag16

Quote from: hognol on August 17, 2020, 04:18:09 PM
Wigwag, can you advise on how to get through via phone so quickly? Any tips?

I put all my info in and pressed 1 when it said to change your name and address. Then after that asked to get transferred to a level 3 agent

WigWag16

So he said they don't go buy 18 months they go by the highest quarter pay period. So mine was 9000 in change divide that by 26 weeks and that's how I'm at 358 instead of the 504

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on August 17, 2020, 05:23:56 PM
So he said they don't go buy 18 months they go by the highest quarter pay period. So mine was 9000 in change divide that by 26 weeks and that's how I'm at 358 instead of the 504

So you're not at top pay? In any case "highest quarter" is not entirely accurate. Read this:
https://www.labor.ny.gov/formsdocs/factsheets/pdfs/p832.pdf

Benefit calculator:
https://labor.ny.gov/benefit%2Drate%2Dcalculator/
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

If its an extension why isn't it the same amount as before? Makes no sense!

WigWag16

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on August 17, 2020, 08:35:45 PM
If its an extension why isn't it the same amount as before? Makes no sense!

It's not an extension. They open a new book for you so they go off the new wages you made 

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on August 17, 2020, 06:55:35 PM
Quote from: WigWag16 on August 17, 2020, 05:23:56 PM

So you're not at top pay? In any case "highest quarter" is not entirely accurate. Read this:
https://www.labor.ny.gov/formsdocs/factsheets/pdfs/p832.pdf

Benefit calculator:
https://labor.ny.gov/benefit%2Drate%2Dcalculator/

No I'm only with pioneer for a year. He said
Most people's rates will drop because of when we stopped working we didn't make a lot

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on August 17, 2020, 08:42:14 PMNo I'm only with pioneer for a year. He said
Most people's rates will drop because of when we stopped working we didn't make a lot

Oh, okay ... makes more sense now. Thanks.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on August 17, 2020, 09:00:59 PM
Quote from: WigWag16 on August 17, 2020, 08:42:14 PMNo I'm only with pioneer for a year. He said

[/quote

Yeah so now that that headache is settled, just waiting on pioneer to still call me on when to come in for the refresher

WigWag16

Quote from: WigWag16 on August 17, 2020, 09:17:18 PM
Quote from: Buzz on August 17, 2020, 09:00:59 PM

[/quote

Yeah so now that that headache is settled, just waiting on pioneer to still call me on when to come in for the refresher

If i was at top
Pay I woulda got the 504, the only good thing they did for me today was push my day back a week so I don't have the waiting week. The sucky part is I'm stuck with 358 till next August