Suggestion Box

Started by Buzz, February 03, 2022, 04:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

You old timers probably remember years ago when there was a wooden "Suggestion Box" in the drivers room near the office window. If it were still there, this would be my suggestion:

A long fuel line causes yard congestion in the morning and can make parking difficult in the afternoon. That could be alleviated by fueling 2 buses simultaneously. We know the fuel island isn't long enough to allow that in most cases, so here is an alternative plan.

Continue lining up for fuel as we do but as one bus turns left into the fuel island, the next bus turns left on Arthur Kill, left into the fuel alley and left again to the fuel island. The 2 buses will be facing opposite directions. Also see no reason why either bus should not be able to turn either way upon exiting depending on whether parking or leaving the yard. (If there is a bus "2" at the fuel island, no bus would be coming up the fuel alley in the event bus "1" wants to turn right.)

Now I'm biased so this seems very common sensical to me, so tell me ... what's wrong with this idea?

fuel plan.jpg
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Please feel free to say, "It's pure genius."   :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

faceit

Quote from: Buzz on February 03, 2022, 04:40:21 PMYou old timers probably remember years ago when there was a wooden "Suggestion Box" in the drivers room near the office window. If it were still there, this would be my suggestion:

A long fuel line causes yard congestion in the morning and can make parking difficult in the afternoon. That could be alleviated by fueling 2 buses simultaneously. We know the fuel island isn't long enough to allow that in most cases, so here is an alternative plan.

Continue lining up for fuel as we do but as one bus turns left into the fuel island, the next bus turns left on Arthur Kill, left into the fuel alley and left again to the fuel island. The 2 buses will be facing opposite directions. Also see no reason why either bus should not be able to turn either way upon exiting depending on whether parking or leaving the yard. (If there is a bus "2" at the fuel island, no bus would be coming up the fuel alley in the event bus "1" wants to turn right.)

Now I'm biased so this seems very common sensical to me, so tell me ... what's wrong with this idea?

fuel plan.jpg

You answered your own question with what's wrong with this idea.... ITS COMMON SENSE
All lives matter

Buzz

QuoteYou old timers probably remember years ago when there was a wooden "Suggestion Box" in the drivers room near the office window. If it were still there, this would be my suggestion:

You answered your own question with what's wrong with this idea.... ITS COMMON SENSE

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you're right.

Slowbus

That's a great idea buzz also having 2 fuelers at the same time would help a lot

Slowbus

Also 2 smaller pumps with antifreeze and windshield fluid so fuelers don't have to be back and forth with the bucket

Kid24

Sounds like a good idea in theory but won't work if there are vans parked in the alley....

Kid24

Also the fuel truck coming at the end of the day doesn't help either which causes buses to get gas the next day when they shouldn't...

Buzz

QuoteThat's a great idea buzz also having 2 fuelers at the same time would help a lot

I can guarantee you that's not going to happen. Steve is not going to pay 2 guys to be out there but there's no reason one guy can't fuel 2 buses. It's been done a number of times at the old pumps and it moved along nicely.

Buzz

QuoteAlso 2 smaller pumps with antifreeze and windshield fluid so fuelers don't have to be back and forth with the bucket

Don't hold your breasts.  :show:

Buzz

QuoteSounds like a good idea in theory but won't work if there are vans parked in the alley....

Obviously can't do it if there are vans there but they're usually gone by 6 a.m. ... if not sooner. Won't be there after the a.m. run either.

Buzz

QuoteAlso the fuel truck coming at the end of the day doesn't help either which causes buses to get gas the next day when they shouldn't...

I have fought this for YEARS and never got anyplace. Ridiculous.

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on February 03, 2022, 07:11:40 PM
QuoteAlso 2 smaller pumps with antifreeze and windshield fluid so fuelers don't have to be back and forth with the bucket

Don't hold your breasts.  :show:
:snicker:

WTF

I'm glad your NOT an air traffic controller! Your assuming there is no bus entering the fuel alley as bus 1 makes the right down the alley to leave! Or better yet, a driver looking to jump the line and goes into the fuel alley (bus 2), or bus 2 getting stuck in traffic before he can make the turn into the fuel alley, which causes a delay for him to enter. There is so many different scenarios that can cause a (head on) bus on bus in fuel alley! Maybe this why they took down the suggestion box! :tongue:

Buzz

QuoteI'm glad your NOT an air traffic controller! Your assuming there is no bus entering the fuel alley as bus 1 makes the right down the alley to leave! Or better yet, a driver looking to jump the line and goes into the fuel alley (bus 2), or bus 2 getting stuck in traffic before he can make the turn into the fuel alley, which causes a delay for him to enter. There is so many different scenarios that can cause a (head on) bus on bus in fuel alley! Maybe this why they took down the suggestion box! :tongue:

#1) Reading is fundamental. I said, "(If there is a bus "2" at the fuel island, no bus would be coming up the fuel alley in the event bus "1" wants to turn right.)"

#2) For somebody who thinks he's a Prima Donna when it comes to parking his bus in the yard you should sit back, relax, and pour yourself a nice refreshing cup of STFU!  ;D  ;D  ;D

stfu.jpg

(You don't get up early enough, pal.)