NEW PARKING LOCATION JOHNSTON STREET

Started by Gary 209, October 07, 2019, 02:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary 209

Hello, I have opened up a (leased land) parking lot on Johnson street off AKR. I called the drivers that lost their spots at ALLURES (Curves) first. Almost everyone signed up. If I missed you I apologizes! Call me and I'll try to get you a spot ASAP. Thursday night after 7:00 pm I closed the deal. Friday morning I was filled up with drivers interested. Those driver's that PAID me Friday can park there tomorrow Monday!

I have made lines (lanes) with ORANGE paint on the cement wall and numbered them. Lanes 1-11 (22 cars) are reserved for them, PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN LANES 1- 11, they are taken. If you did NOT get a call from me today for those lanes, PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THOSE LANES!!! They are given out to drivers who have TEAM UP with another driver. The lanes have 2 cars parked bumper to bumper so you need to know who is parking in your lane with you so you DON'T GET BLOCKED IN!

Saturday I extended (leased) another section for approximate 7 more cars and we extended the area of the lot on Saturday. This area is almost full.

If you said YES to me on Friday and did Not PAY me, your spot will be open on Wednesday as first come first serve. Last Friday morning before 9:00 a.m. I PAID out of my pocket for the property (lease), and been working on it all weekend to get it ready for you tomorrow.

Directions on Monday morning for a smooth opening and NOBODY getting BLOCKED IN.

1st -  DO NOT PARK IN LANES 1- 11 --- they are already assigned!

2nd - Start in lane 12 and Back all the way to the wall. you will NOT be BLOCKED IN. There should be        enough spaces if everybody backs all the way to the wall.

3rd - If I call you and gave a assigned spot, it maybe temporary until we can figure out where or who you want to be TEAM up with.

4th - Find someone you want to be TEAM up with, then I can give you the next open lane closest to    AKR. and that will be your lane!

There are still a few spots open! Its FIRST come FIRST SERVE!

PERMITS ARE BEING MADE and MUST BE PUT IN FRONT WINDOW.

Thanks to OWEN and Andrew there is a shuttle by Grace that will make the last pick up at 6:00 a.m.

Gary

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Gary 209

Buzz - I thought you be sleeping by now. Count your pennies and Go to bed! lol

BTY: I come in at about 3:15, so you can see me then.

You can also Pay Grace or give Grace you name and cell number to Sign Up early in the morning or after 4 at night when she's in.

Grace is helping me with sign ups and your Payments, so if you come in early or if you leave late there is one of us you can see.

FYI: UPDATE

"Cars that are now parking on Johnson Street will end soon," as per the corporation that owns the Private Street told me. Business that operate there can Not get their trucks down the block because Pioneer private cars are blocking the street. That is why they contacted me and offered me the land to lease. They are receiving many complaints from business owners on the block.

LOWE'S Corporation Headquarters was at our LOWE'S on last Monday and Tuesday and Denied permission for us to park there. There is about a dozen cars parked in the back on the left. The reason they gave was that "they did Not want to block any cars in when they have to plow the snow".
The manager contacted me on Wednesday morning and was very apologetic and sympathize for our parking situation. Our LOWE'S was Willing for us to park there and so was the Regional manager which I have met and he sent emails to LOWE'S CORPATION with his approval. After 3 weeks and over 6 meetings with them (even on a Sunday), LOWE'S CORPATION Denied the request.

I also contacted our Politicians last year for help on another location. Needless to say that was a waste of time.

Gary
ps: Buzz put this on my tab!

PROUD MEMBER

Pioneer workers have been parking on Johnson St. for years.
And I'll just leave it at that.

yabba

it smells kind of funny

LMAO

THATS A PUBLIC STREET!! They tried the same ( private street )  a few years ago  .it was looked into and determined to be public street ! >:( :thumbdown:

LMAO

I stand corrected reached out to a friend who looked it up and stated that Johnson street IS a private street :crazy:

Buzz

Quote from: LMAO on October 07, 2019, 08:33:59 PM
I stand corrected reached out to a friend who looked it up and stated that Johnson street IS a private street :crazy:

Wait ... you have a friend?  ;D ;D ;D

Gary 209

Update Monday:

Thanks everyone for a pretty smooth beginning. They were a few drivers who missed the memo, but it turned out great. Nobody was blocked in after work.

The first 11 LANES are RESERVERED, PLEASE DO NOT PARK THERE. They have formed a Team and their lanes are assigned (reserved) for them.

Spot 17 and 18 are assigned (taken), so please do Not park against the far side wall.

Tuesday if you don't have assigned lane - PLEASE park in lanes 12 to 16.

Lanes 12 to 16 are open for drivers who have Not teamed up yet.

Try to team up tomorrow (tues.) so the first wave is settled in.

The lot is FULL and there is a list (about 4) of drivers waiting to get in to park.

If I get at least 8 or more drivers that want to park, I have already made arraignments if necessary  to move the cement blocks (this Saturday) where the garbage truck is to make the lot larger for them.

If your thinking of parking here, don't wait till it gets cold or snows! It may too late then. I have the means to move the cement blocks Now and the extra space is available! There is enough land to for All drivers at Pioneer and the owner (corporation) is will to work with me at this time. Lets not miss this opportunity!

Thanks for your help.

Gary 106

ps: I have my spot at ALLURES and really don't need the bullshit or the few dollars I'm making here. Mainly this is for the drivers (Friends) that had to leave ALLURES. They were the first ones I contacted for Johnson street!

Thanks Again!

Golfnut

Great going Gary ! What about after the pick ? Say a person from Sharrotts needs your parking service because they picked Arthur Kill ?

Gary 209

Thank You Golfnut!

Yes, Everybody is welcome (almost lol). Hopefully there will be spots available. There are Large cement building Blocks on the side of the lot, which can be moved to extend the parking area larger. I don't know if that FREE service will be available next month. I know there are drivers waiting for it to snow and get cold before signing up. I probably would think of doing the same thing and try to save a month's rent. I personally would rather sign up now and have a spot, then taking a chance to have to be parked on the street and have to shovel out my car or it getting hit by traffic etc..

New runs start on November 12, (1/2 month). If someone from my yard goes to sharrotts  and a driver from sharrotts wants to sign up. I think its almost an even swap for payment. I'm ok with that but I have to check with Tony D. if he's ok with it. Otherwise it's 1/2 month's rent due, but that's getting ahead of ourselves. Thanks for the question.

If you are Seriously thinking about signing up in November, get in touch with me and I will put you on the waiting list. Then I can have the parking area extended now and I would know that I have enough cars to fill (pay for it) it.

Update tues:

Everybody knows their lane!

Lanes 1-14 are taken (assigned) Please do NOT park in these lanes. 1-14

Spots 17 and 18 are taken (assigned). Do Not park in these spots

If there is a car in your lane or spot then park in lane 15 or to the wall of 16. Make sure Tommy spot 17 is able to get in and out.

2 spots behind the wall are taken.

I will try to have the permits ready by Thursday.

Thank You
Gary 106

Golfnut

Thanks again Gary .. If the need arises I will come and see you . You're alleviating a lot of stress for a lot of people ! Myself included!

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on October 09, 2019, 05:03:10 AM
Thanks again Gary .. If the need arises I will come and see you . You're alleviating a lot of stress for a lot of people ! Myself included!

Ask him about his other services for "alleviating stress."   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: