Mandatory Metting 10/30

Started by Buzz, October 24, 2014, 03:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

MUST GO union meeting Thursday, Oct. 30
at Christ the King, Metropolitan Ave. at 7:30.
There will be a vote as to whether the results of the last election
should be discarded and another election held.

ERNIE ASKS THAT EVERYONE ATTEND.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Goose623

What is the reason they are saying it should be discarded??? How will they be checking the people who are voting to see if they are in good standing??? This should be interesting one.

PROUD MEMBER

What is the reason that SOMEONE is stating  the last vote should be discarded?

Buzz

I believe this is being done as per the International's response to appeals by the Salerno slate, especially regarding a number of contested votes.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

The idea of discarding the ENTIRE past election is absurd!! We live in a system that has rules & regulations and an election is part of that system. And no matter what the results of that election we have to live with it and make the best of it. Now if there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that there was some sort of wrongdoing then that's another story. But if this is about the few hundred ballots that for some reason were never opened & counted then lets figure out if they should be counted or not. If yes, count them and let the chips fall where they may. If those few hundred votes rightfully shouldn't have been counted then let's stop BSing around and start talking about getting the EPP back and hopefully some of the thousands of Brothers & Sisters out of work back to work!!!

Air_Brakes

What type of vote is this......a vote of intimidation?....all who vote this way stand over here.  All who vote that way stand over there.  Where is the courtesy of a privacy vote instead of everyone knowing which way you voted or how you feel.   There should be much screaming and yelling just like the other meetings at that place.   Two times I got closed out of the meetings there due to factors such as too crowded or arriving late with the pioneer bus or school safety closing the doors.  Yes all of thosee things happened.  How about the time that there was almost fights there.  Remember that?  I know of plenty of drivers who are not going to attend because there is no longer any trust of the union.  Has our union head visited our property since the election?   I have not seen him.  Maybe I missed him....not.  What ever happened to the statement by our elected union head that replaced Eddie that there will not be any more exorbitant fines payed any more.  Very hard to comprehend all the issues going on and to have undaunting faith.      :crazy:

Sorry for the rant.

gigi11744

im voting for the 3rd guy.....  then ill contest it :crazy:

Bluebird

That's an easy answer.If your voting the salerno guys don't bother coming.The majority are voting Cordiello anyway ,just like they did in their private vote.We should all be proud to be an 1181 member.If you need to hide the vote than you are not a proud member.Stand proud and be proud 1181.

PROUD MEMBER

Bluebird
I personally agree with u 100% as far as voting privately or publicly. What's the difference? Everyone should be comfortable & proud of their decisions although I do respect those who want their privacy. With regards to exactly what's going on tomorrow night I'm not sure but I'll find out then. But if I were you I wouldn't be to sure about CORDIELLO or SALERNO. Eventhough Michael did get the majority it was only by less than 200 votes. Also since that vote many members may have changed their opinions (either way). That's why it's important for every to try and make the meeting.

Bluebird

Well here's the thing proud member. If we want the epp back it won't happen without Michael and the cordiello slate, all the babies cry and fuss and complain about Michael,but reap the rewards of the contract and still keep our salary tenor and benefits and still want to complain.

PROUD MEMBER

Again I agree 100% but unfortunately I feel there are those who have lost faith in the EPP ever being reinstated which also means they have lost faith in Michael. I myself believe the EPP will be reinstated. To me Mayor deBlasio has shown good will and kept my faith by giving the $42 million grant and postponing the bid process to May. If he wasn't working with Michael & our EB he wouldn't have done either.

hognol

Now that the meeting is over, I don't understand something.  Cordiello won by a small number of votes, but yet at the meeting there were very few of Solerno supporters there.  Why?

PROUD MEMBER

Hognol I was there from 5:30pm on. I didn't even see Tommy Salerno himself. Does anyone know if he was even there or maybe he's not in "Good Standing"?