Credit Where Credit is Due

Started by Buzz, December 22, 2022, 02:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Some of us ... including myself ... often overlook the work that our shop steward, Anthony, assistant, Bob Hern and the guys that work with them do for little or no pay. Scott, Nico and I believe Ralphie A. are part of the "Whack Pack" that sacrifice and donate their time for all of us.

Years ago, assigning trips was the office's problem ... and technically, it still is. The guys in the steward's office don't HAVE to do it. They do it on a voluntary basis. It's a lot of fucking work ... hundreds of trips every week. The logistics are dizzying.

I know guys who have trip runs aren't very "grateful," but if you have trip a run you're going to get trips no matter who assigns them and you're going to get a lot of them. It's the job YOU signed up for. I believe it was Eddie Giggs (former shop steward) who took on the responsibility because the didn't think they were being assigned fairly. Our guys try their best to do them as fairly as possible.

On top of that, this week they have the added burden of getting the run sheets ready for the pick ... thanks to 1181 scheduling it earlier than it had to be. Separating Sharrotts runs, trip runs, etc. Maybe, if they have time, seniority numbers.

This is all in addition to the bullshit they have to put up with ... both from management AND from drivers ... especially Anthony  and Bob.

I think, at the very least, they deserve some acknowledgement from us for the thankless job they do FOR NOTHING, except Anthony who gets a few hundreds from the union and a free parking space. Not worth the aggravation, if you ask me.

I'm not saying you have to buy or give them something, but if you're of a mind to wish any of all of them a Merry Christmas, I'm sure they'd be happy to hear, "And thank you for all you do," as well.

And remember ...   nico cares.jpg

Simple Christmas Decoration Stationery Page Border A4 Document.jpg
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

I think it would be nice if, on Friday, they all stood in the drivers room singing Christmas carols to us ... led by Anthony.
  ;D  ;D  ;D

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on December 22, 2022, 02:04:19 AMSome of us ... including myself ... often overlook the work that our shop steward, Anthony, assistant, Bob Hern and the guys that work with them do for little or no pay. Scott, Nico and I believe Ralphie A. are part of the "Whack Pack" that sacrifice and donate their time for all of us.

Years ago, assigning trips was the office's problem ... and technically, it still is. The guys in the steward's office don't HAVE to do it. They do it on a voluntary basis. It's a lot of fucking work ... hundreds of trips every week. The logistics are dizzying.

I know guys who have trip runs aren't very "grateful," but if you have trip a run you're going to get trips no matter who assigns them and you're going to get a lot of them. It's the job YOU signed up for. I believe it was Eddie Giggs (former shop steward) who took on the responsibility because the didn't think they were being assigned fairly. Our guys try their best to do them as fairly as possible.

On top of that, this week they have the added burden of getting the run sheets ready for the pick ... thanks to 1181 scheduling it earlier than it had to be. Separating Sharrotts runs, trip runs, etc. Maybe, if they have time, seniority numbers.

This is all in addition to the bullshit they have to put up with ... both from management AND from drivers ... especially Anthony  and Bob.

I think, at the very least, they deserve some acknowledgement from us for the thankless job they do FOR NOTHING, except Anthony who gets a few hundreds from the union and a free parking space. Not worth the aggravation, if you ask me.

I'm not saying you have to buy or give them something, but if you're of a mind to wish any of all of them a Merry Christmas, I'm sure they'd be happy to hear, "And thank you for all you do," as well.

And remember ...   nico cares.jpg

Simple Christmas Decoration Stationery Page Border A4 Document.jpg
100% they all been very helpful since day 1 merry Christmas 🎄 and happy and healthy new year

Buzz

Quote from: Slowbus on December 22, 2022, 07:35:43 PM100% they all been very helpful since day 1 merry Christmas 🎄 and happy and healthy new year

Holy shit! You surprised the hell out of me with that one! There's hope for you yet, Slowbus!

Merry Christmas, brother,.