I feel like a mushroom

Started by Eucerin, August 02, 2020, 12:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

wheresmymoney!

I like the part about taking the mta bus so they can get sick on there or biking so the kids can get run over on their ride to school.  And why cant drivers use contact less thermometer if kids have a fever they cant get on.  Very simple!  There's so many questions will there still be a union or we we all be out of a job....

Buzz

I think I posted a couple of weeks ago that Reliant is one of the companies that the city is in negotiations with to take over. Don't know who the other 2 companies are but Pioneer is not one of them, to the best of my knowledge. (I believe the companies involved had expired contracts and were on a month-to-month basis.)

Do they think it will be cheaper than awarding new contracts? (Probably.) Are kids less likely to  spread the virus if school buses are run by the city or they're put on MTA buses?

According to the plan the DOE submitted to the state Dept. of Health, "DOE will provide school transportation, as required, to include all public, non-public, charter schools, students with special needs and students in temporary housing situations."   Hmm ...

Here's the plan ... scroll down to the middle of page 14, "Transportation" ...
https://infohub.nyced.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/nyc-doe---state-doh-reopening-plan-7-31.pdf
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Not that it makes a difference but I believe that Reliant has well over 1300 themselves. If I'm reading this article correctly it's stating that the city is looking to buy three companies with a total of 1300 runs combined.

Buzz

I know there will be some who will call the following "negativity" but we have to consider what few facts we do have:

According to the DOE: "The percent of positive tests in New York City is less than 3% using a 7-day rolling average. If we cross this threshold, we will not reopen."

And, if they do reopen and at any time this threshold is crossed, they will close all schools again.

Well, an article in yesterday's Advance said we passed that threshold for the past week, 3.29%, and it's the first time since since June 4.

More "negativity" ... If there are 2 cases in a school not from the same classroom, the entire school will close for 14 days. Hundreds of kids, dozens of staff ... what are the odds?

Source: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020/health-and-safety

Source: https://www.silive.com/coronavirus/2020/07/weekly-positive-covid-tests-rates-on-si-above-3-for-first-time-since-early-june-still-below-other-parts-of-country.html (Not all may have access to this article)

wheresmymoney!

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER liink=topic=1991.msg10988#msg10988 date=1596380175
Not that it makes a difference but I believe that Reliant has well over 1300 themselves. If I'm reading this article correctly it's stating that the city is looking to buy three companies with a total of 1300 runs combined.
i wonder how they think metrocards instead of socially distancing on a school bus is a safer way to go! The numbers will def go up being out of a controlled environment..is that what dumbosio wants so schools can close and he doesn't have to deal with it!

PROUD MEMBER

I'm way past negativity. And unfortunately I'm past positivity. I'm sure the Michael and the Board are doing all they can and I personally have done all I can but today's article in the NY Post is without a doubt the most direct with regards to doing away with the overwhelming majority of school busing. It's Sunday, I'm going to church and bringing this matter to the Highest Authority!
God Bless the Members of 1181 and their Families

wheresmymoney!

Just sayin if protesting and large gatherings would stop wed be in the clear.  Thats why numbers are going up. What do they expect!

wheresmymoney!

[ote author=PROUD MEMBER link=topic=1991.msg10992#msg10992 date=1596382468]
I'm way past negativity. And unfortunately I'm past positivity. I'm sure the Michael and the Board are doing all they can and I personally have done all I can but today's article in the NY Post is without a doubt the most direct with regards to doing away with the overwhelming majority of school busing. It's Sunday, I'm going to church and bringing this matter to the Highest Authority!
God Bless the Members of 1181 and their Families
[/quote] its devastating! For some this is all we have and were not even getting what we are entitled to for our survival. 

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on August 02, 2020, 05:09:48 PM
I know there will be some who will call the following "negativity" but we have to consider what few facts we do have:

According to the DOE: "The percent of positive tests in New York City is less than 3% using a 7-day rolling average. If we cross this threshold, we will not reopen."

And, if they do reopen and at any time this threshold is crossed, they will close all schools again.

Well, an article in yesterday's Advance said we passed that threshold for the past week, 3.29%, and it's the first time since since June 4.

More "negativity" ... If there are 2 cases in a school not from the same classroom, the entire school will close for 14 days. Hundreds of kids, dozens of staff ... what are the odds?

Source: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020/health-and-safety

Source: https://www.silive.com/coronavirus/2020/07/weekly-positive-covid-tests-rates-on-si-above-3-for-first-time-since-early-june-still-below-other-parts-of-country.html (Not all may have access to this article)

is the 3% based on NYC,..the 3.29% is just for Staten island....  also i thought they originally said 5% and CDC was 9% ..and @ positive cases closure  ..lol.....its all figured for failure it looks like ...

driver

Can somebody tell me if the city takes those 3 companies what happens to the 1181 drivers???? I feel we will wind up picking up some of that work...because we still have a contract...and we need drivers..The mayor and chancellor are trying to do.what Bloomberg was trying to.do...I dont think it will happen

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on August 02, 2020, 06:52:25 PM
is the 3% based on NYC,..the 3.29% is just for Staten island....  also i thought they originally said 5% and CDC was 9% ..and @ positive cases closure  ..lol.....its all figured for failure it looks like ...

Yes, the Advance said the 3.29% was for Staten Island. The DOE 3% threshold will be citywide. As far as schools go, doesn't really matter what CDC says.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 02, 2020, 05:34:28 PM
It's Sunday, I'm going to church and bringing this matter to the Highest Authority!

You win the Best Comment of the Day Award!

God Bless.

Buzz

Quote from: driver on August 02, 2020, 08:47:41 PM
Can somebody tell me if the city takes those 3 companies what happens to the 1181 drivers???? I feel we will wind up picking up some of that work...because we still have a contract...and we need drivers..The mayor and chancellor are trying to do.what Bloomberg was trying to.do...I dont think it will happen

That depends on whether the city will keep 1181 (like they have with Command, for instance) or another union ... possibly DC 37. Who knows.

I don't see how we would pick up any work. The city would be operating those companies and doing the runs.

At this point, it really doesn't look like we're going to be needing any drivers.

Buzz

One thought ... if they're going to bus special ed, it would seem to me that limiting buses to 25% would mean they would need to at least double the number of special ed runs citywide ... maybe more.

That means many more matrons needed. It would be great if the union could work out a deal with the city that drivers who were left without runs would be given priority to become matrons ... at driver pay (being they ARE qualified to be drivers also). That would certainly bring down the number of unemployed drivers.

The city might realize that sooner or later, whenever things return to normal, there would be a severe shortage of qualified drivers if those laid off left the business. Having them stay in compliance as drivers while performing the work of matrons would be the way to maintain a viable work force for future needs.

Wishful thinking, I know, but not beyond the realm of possibility.