COVID 19 Fears: Under What Conditions Will You Go Back To Work?

Started by Buzz, July 15, 2020, 04:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Considering concerns about the virus, will you

Go back to work only if ample personal protection protocols are put in place
Go back to work no matter what protocols are or are not put in place
Refuse to go back to work regardless of any safety protocols

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on July 16, 2020, 05:35:31 AM
How close to us do the students get when they get to the top step to make the left to go down the aisle?  I'll say within 12 inches.  Their backpacks usually hit my right shoulder when they turn left to go down the aisle.

Exactly why we need some kind of driver partition.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

MTA busses have protective vinyl curtain. I want and need to go back to work also, but every safety measure must be met. Honestly, a barrier is a priority and a simple fix

PROUD MEMBER

I put it out there a few days ago and I put it out there again this morning about contacting our politicians as far as losing our general Ed runs. All I keep hearing about is safety precautions not one of you have said I pickEd the phone up and I called somebody. Talking amongst each other is not going to help us if this imbecile decides to get rid of general Ed. Let's make sure we still have a job after that we worry about safety there's no sense in worrying about safety if you don't have a job. As I've stated numerous times if the BOE makes protocols that make it safe for the children to ride the bus then it will be safe for you to drive the bus. I'm not going to get into details about Partitions or Curtains or whatever have you. Of course I'm worried about safety but obviously I'm worried about my job first. If the dude gets rid of general Ed, guess what, we won't be talking about the safety of driving a bus anymore. Unfortunately it's apparent to me that many of you aren't really that concerned about your livelihood and I'm not looking for an argument. It's a simple thing you're worried about your job get on the phone don't wait to the mayor or the union tells you you no longer have one.

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I didn't mean call me I meant call a politician or two. If you're not into talking I know you're good on the Internet. Just make a standard statement or statements regarding general Ed school busing nothing about protocols for NOW and send it out to all 50 something council members. And assembly members and Representatives and the mayors office. I'd assume once you draw something up it's just one click of a button and you could send it to 100 people in one shot.