Cuomo will open Schools....

Started by WigWag16, July 21, 2020, 05:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WigWag16

Cuomo was interviewed today and said "if we stay where we are at" with the virus schools will
open up but won't make an official decision till August 1st

Buzz

I give it a 50 - 50 chance. From comments I see online, a lot of parents do not want their kids in a classroom, not even for 2 or 3 days a week. Plus, I don't think a lot of teachers are in favor of it. We'll see.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

As far as the parents go I believe they are split. Either they don't want their children back in school until the COVID-19 is over or they want their children back in school five days a week not this bullshit two days or three days or one day. As far as the teachers go, of course they don't want to go back to traditional work. They're getting full pay and full benefits and those that are doing some (bc some are doing none) sort of virtual teaching are only working a few hours a week as compared to five days a week. Plus they don't have to get up at 5:00am and they're not getting home at 4:00pm. They're home all day, that of course is if they're not at the beach.

Hammer2161

Not really sure either way but I do know that I ride my bike passed Bishop Ahern everyday and for the last two days there has been what appears to be faculty and staff in the school. Hopefully that is a good sign for all of us.