This might put your mind at ease

Started by Buzz, July 15, 2020, 04:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I'm not buying this article about the city looking to cut regular ed busing. I have heard either directly from drivers from other companies or people that have talked to drivers from other companies that have month-to-month contracts, that the city is actually making offers to take over their companies. Many of them are smaller companies but it also includes the giant, Reliant.

If any of what I've heard is true, and I seriously believe it is, does it make any sense that the city would be doing this if they did not intend to provide busing?
Especially in the case of Reliant, which is all regular ed at one location?

(Sentence was striked because I was given incorrect info. Reliant DOES do special ed.)

I think we're going to be okay.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I'm starting to change my opinion also I think that we're going to be OK with the General Ed but with regards to Reliant I don't think they all General Ed runs especially on Staten Island. Their yard on Richmond Terrace in Staten Island probably has 100 vans parked here I've never seen a van do a General Ed run.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 15, 2020, 05:14:11 PM
... with regards to Reliant I don't think they all General Ed runs especially on Staten Island. Their yard on Richmond Terrace in Staten Island probably has 100 vans parked here I've never seen a van do a General Ed run.

You are correct and I edited my post
with "... at one location" which I originally omitted inadvertently. I am not sure which location that is right now ... they have 5. I'll find out.

(Sentence was striked because I was given the wrong info. Reliant DOES do special ed.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

As far a Reliant goes the city basically owns them already with the amount of bailout money they get every year just to stay afloat.
But I also agree with Buzz I think we are going to be okay we just need to let this play out at least until something is brought to the table. Right now all of this is just speculation and it should not be taken as definitive truth. Yes we need to be concerned but also we need to unfortunately play the wait and see game just a bit longer. Hopefully something will happen sooner than later that can put many of our minds at ease.