To My Brothers and Sisters of Pioneer

Started by Andrewcappa, November 17, 2016, 02:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrewcappa

I just want to say a few words regarding the upcoming 1181 election. Ernie and I both support the Cordiello Slate. We know that is not shocking to anyone. Fact is they are the most qualified, they are experienced and they have a large number of political ties. We feel SAFE in having the Cordiello Slate in our corner. They have worked diligently to keep  our pension solvent and our health benefits intact, although the oppositions will say it is isn't true., they say just the opposite .But they are making false statements figuring most people believe what they read and won't go any further and search the truth.

We attended the nominating meeting and saw the opposing slate being nominated and witnessed confusion and disarray.  Ernie and I both agree they are not competent to run the everyday business of our union and we certainly wouldn't want them defending us at a hearing or even worse negotiating a contract.
        People you have to vote with your head don't vote for someone because they are your friend or you come from the same neighborhood. That isn't the smart thing to do. Don't vote with anger because of the last strike in thinking they did the wrong thing for us. Keep in mind it was not the Cordiello Slate but in fact the then Mayor Bloomburg. The Cordiello Slate worked hard to get back almost everything that was taken from us. You have to vote for someone who has experience and knowledge to get the best that you deserve. We will be receiving the ballots in the mail within the next few days. We know what is important to us and that is why we're voting the Cordiello Slate .We hope you will do the same,

PS .We just got word that the EPP was finally delivered to the Gov ,and that we will be getting petitions tomorrow to be signed by every company.

Regards
Andrew

Buzz

I really don't understand how anyone could consider voting for the ones who brought Sal down and DESTROYED this union ... Salerno and MFC. Nobody could do a better job than Michael at trying to salvage and rebuild what was left of 1181.

We never had it better than we did under Sal, yet those people ... and the ones who support them ... weren't happy then and it's no surprise they aren't happy now. They are, and always will be, the chronically disgruntled ... always thinking the grass is greener on the other side.

There will always be a certain percentage who will believe the juvenile musings of others who haven't the slightest idea of what running a local entails. (Yeah, they're going to get Goldstein fired ... LOL.) All they know is that executive board members make more than bus drivers.

So, there will be that percentage who won't vote for Michael. Catalano running is a blessing in disguise ... the votes that would all have gone to Salerno will now be split between the two of them, which should mean an easy victory for the Cordiello slate.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.