Thursday

Started by 4real, June 05, 2013, 06:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4real

If we work thursday do we get extra day pay, and if we aren't working do we get paid for off day?

Buzz

Quote from: 4real on June 05, 2013, 06:01:46 PM
If we work thursday do we get extra day pay, and if we aren't working do we get paid for off day?

As it stands now, just a day's pay, whether you have to work or not.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

4real

Thanks buzz I knew I should've bought a big bottle of VASOLINE

Buzz

Quote from: 4real on June 06, 2013, 01:02:38 AM
Thanks buzz I knew I should've bought a big bottle of VASOLINE

I think we're moving into K-Y territory.  ;D   ;D   ;D

Eucerin

OK now I'm working today for no pay....

yabba

Eucerin

I am hang in there...by my finger tips though

faceit

Quote from: Eucerin on June 06, 2013, 02:44:20 PM
OK now I'm working for no pay....
You got paid, what do you mean you worked for no pay????? :crazy:

worker341

The pick is and shall always be for  the workers not the employer changes can be may at anytime to add work or to take work off runs. But when it comes to dollars and cents no runs should be changed that has overtime on it or runs that you could make extra money like working extra days when the public schools are closed. My point is if the employer gets paid then we schould get paid. How would anyone feel that maybe just maybe the run was picked cause some of us need that extra money to pay our bills like mortgages etc. like myself I picked a run just for that reason and my employer took that away from me like he did for so many others. This time the people who did not work I have no problem with but the next pick the shoe will be on the another foot then maybe you will see what it is all about and how you will feel when I take in the sun and you work. please think about what I am saying we all lose and the Employer wins again. The pick is all we have left on this job take it away and we all will work one day for nothing. One for all and all for one I remain.

Buzz

I worked today and, yeah, it sucks not getting the extra day, but it was just one day. The people really getting screwed are those on over-time runs ... every day or nearly every day. There maybe should have been a pick if only for that reason. Hopefully when we have our day in court those people will get the money rightfully due them under the terms upon which they took those runs.

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on June 07, 2013, 12:21:56 PM
Buzz you said it was only 1 day. If we take a day off, does the company say it is only 1 day we will pay you anyway. What if we had to take off Thursday? Shouldn't we still get paid? Or at least half a days pay because our public schools were off? If the rules are changed then maybe routes should be all public schools and all private schools.

I was just comparing one injustice to another. Of course we should get another day's pay if we had to work, but people on over-time runs have it all the worse. Capeesh?

However, as to your other question ... if it were not a public school holiday and you took off, would you get paid?