DOE Legacy Company Update

Started by Buzz, December 21, 2018, 04:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

sbdriver1

What's going to happen is the union will come in with a proposal, say this is the best we can do and either you vote to approve it or we walk.

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on January 09, 2019, 02:52:17 AM
What's going to happen is the union will come in with a proposal, say this is the best we can do and either you vote to approve it or we walk.

That is exactly what is going to happen. That's why I contend it would be a lot more palatable if we understood how we got to that proposal throughout the negotiations.

yabba

i will never understand that there is no going back to the table     

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 09, 2019, 06:13:01 PM
i will never understand that there is no going back to the table   

What's hard to understand? Once the owners give their "Best and Final" offer they, in effect, are refusing any further negotiation. They're saying "Either your members ratify this contract as is or you can go on strike."

It's as plain as can be.

(That's not to say that it doesn't suck. But at that point there are only 2 options: Ratify or strike.)

yabba

sucks is putting it mildly...   years back we never had this last  and final offer bs

Buzz

Unfortunately, better days are behind us.

The only thing I see saving this industry is a complete take-over by the city.

LMR

Look,since we lost the EPP,and getting no results from the strike things have not been in our favor to say the least.We weren't proactive in securing the EPP and as we all know, the rest is history.Lets just try to stay positive and let's see what they present to us.Bottom line,we need to see those who came in under the last two contracts have their salaries and benefits elevated to what is fair and create an  environment that would be conducive to attract new hires and fill the void in our work force.Stay positive and stay strong .Remember,"In Union There Is Stregnth!!💪👊