Transportation mentioned in Cuomos conference

Started by WigWag16, July 13, 2020, 07:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WigWag16

Some good news from Cuomos conference today

https://www.silive.com/coronavirus/2020/07/state-unveils-guidelines-for-reopening-schools-across-new-york.html

Transportation:
Each district will need to develop its own transportation plan, considering its own geography, community resources and resident student needs.

School buses should be regularly cleaned and disinfected, and school bus staff should be trained and supported. Students should social distance at bus stops at unloading times and wear face coverings.

Staggered or separate loading and unloading for school buses should be considered.

Districts will continue to provide transportation to homeless students, students in foster care, those who attend religious, independent or charter schools, and those with disabilities -- as they always have.

PROUD MEMBER

I don't know if that changes anything about what we've been hearing but it is good news to hear. What gets to me is and I agree with him, everything he said about keeping the bus clean and the children social distanced while transporting and picking and dropping them in four or five sentences is basically the same thing that was in the 6 page proposal from 1181 that in my opinion made things sound to confusing.

WigWag16

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 13, 2020, 07:32:44 PM
I don't know if that changes anything about what we've been hearing but it is good news to hear. What gets to me is and I agree with him, everything he said about keeping the bus clean and the children social distanced while transporting and picking and dropping them in four or five sentences is basically the same thing that was in the 6 page proposal from 1181 that in my opinion made things sound to confusing.

Well it's a huge plus bussing finally got a mention... Like I said we were working through this when the virus first broke out so most of the stuff and guidelines will be what we were already doing. Clean in between runs, and when you pull in the yard have the mechanics go on with that machine and disinfect the bus. I think all that's gotta be decided it's funding the support the PPE to the companies and who exactly will take temperatures on the bus in the AM and PM