My Unemployment Benefit...

Started by Golfnut, April 26, 2014, 01:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golfnut

I just got my Unemployment weekly benefit statement in the mail ! Guess what?!! It's 000.00 !!! Wtf is going on here ? It says I only made 1600.00 last year! Are we being jerked around or is this a legit mistake? I'm getting tired of this shit!!

Buzz

Better give them a call and see what's up. Apparently they're getting the wrong figures somehow. Also, see Stacy with whatever they sent you or have Ernie or Andy see her.

Did you just open a new book?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

gigi11744

Bunch of drivers that opened books including myself had these problems ( see my other post)but lady from unemployment went after pioneer and i had to send my w2 and four paystubs from each quarter to unemployment..and by the way thisis fruad plan and simple...lets see how it works out when other drivers have to open new books in the summer... not a simple omission here

Golfnut

Yes Buzz, I just opened a new Book. I don't know who Stacy is . And I also don't save my Pay Stubs. How could this mistake be made by "accident" with so many people?

Buzz

Quote from: gigi11744 on April 26, 2014, 01:31:27 PM
..and by the way thisis fruad plan and simple ... not a simple omission here ...

I'm sure there's no "fraud" involved. I seem to remember a similar thing happening some years ago. Somehow income was under-reported. It's a pain, but it will get straightened out.

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on April 26, 2014, 02:15:24 PM
Yes Buzz, I just opened a new Book. I don't know who Stacy is . And I also don't save my Pay Stubs. How could this mistake be made by "accident" with so many people?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a snafu with switching to the new payroll company ... but that's just a guess at this point.

Stacy does the payroll ... works upstairs.

worker341

I think before summer comes payroll (Stacy) should get it right for all of us. How about something simple like reprint W2 forms for all of us. Or maybe have something posted on the window like all the other fucking rules of this job so maybe like we can sign our names that we would like a reprint of our W2 form with the right figures on them so we won't have any problems this summer collecting unemployment. This should be a thousand dollar Violation for Neil and his payroll staff.

Golfnut

This shits getting real old real fast! I heard that this has been happening for weeks already! Why wasn't it corrected by now?  >:(  :thumbdown: :crazy:

Buzz

Ernie has made Stacy aware of this problem and is sending letters/figures to unemployment for everybody who has notified Ernie, Andy or her that they had a discrepancy. The problem seems to lie squarely with unemployment, as they were originally sent the correct earnings for everybody.

Golfnut

Thank you so much for the Info Buzz! It's a weight off my shoulders! I just hope it's straightened out before the summer for the people who have to open a new book !!!

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on April 29, 2014, 01:57:02 AM
Thank you so much for the Info Buzz! It's a weight off my shoulders! I just hope it's straightened out before the summer for the people who have to open a new book !!!

Yes, in fact I asked Ernie to find out if there's a way the rest of us can verify that they have the right figures to avoid future problems. I'll post again when I hear.