April 20

Started by Eucerin, April 20, 2020, 02:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

How do we stand, as far as wages and benefits for the pay period April 20 to April 26? Is their any word from 1181 or Pioneer?

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz posted it yesterday. 85% and medical UNLESS we hear differently.

Buzz

Another EB phone conference today.

Hope for the best and stay tuned.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

OK, just heard from Ernie. He says that so far nothing has changed. Unless we hear differently,  things remain the same as far as the 85%. He said not to pay attention to what you might read in some newspaper articles casting doubt on whether contractors will continue to be paid, as nobody has given any indication that they won't thus far.

I know none of us will rest easy until the city comes out and says point blank that the contracts will be honored for the duration, but we'll just have to wait on that until they do.

For now we'll just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best going forward.

PROUD MEMBER

Not that it has anything to do with us but as far as contracts go the NYC MTA has 50,000 employees, all of which have been working 1 week on 1 week off and still getting paid for EVERY WEEK as usual. Then you have the teachers and paras who obviously not all of which are doing any work and those who do are not putting in the same amount of Tim as usual. And I'm sure there are other Unions who have contracts with the City that have similar circumstances. I don't see any one or any newspaper complaining about that. And just to make it clear I do not have a problem with any of these other Unions and what's going on with them. As far as we go it's not because I'm a school bus driver it's because I'm a Union and I have a contract. But as Ernie has said let's not jump to any conclusions!

Eucerin

Thanks again Buzz for keeping us up to date as much as possible...keeping my fingers cross that the status quo remains

yabba

do we know if pioneer contract includes the act of god clause they claim some of the company contracts have...

PROUD MEMBER

Does it make a difference?
I don't think this is considered an act of God. Unless God is living in China.

Buzz

I think he means "force majeure" clause. Got this definition on the web:

A force majeure clause in a contract would typically include a list such as acts of God, war, terrorism, acts of government, fire, plagues.

It also includes epidemics or a non- exhaustive list wherein the parties simply narrate what generally constitute force majeure events and thereafter add "and such other acts or events that are beyond the control of parties".

hognol

If acts of God or "force majeure" is not indicated in our current contract, I'm sure it will be in our next.

yabba

its not our contract   its the company and the city