The flyer we didn't see

Started by Buzz, April 26, 2020, 04:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Found this on PIST NYC's Facebook page. It's not on 1181's website and it would have been nice if it were sent to us.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Two things with regards to this letter that is signed by the TWU President and by Michael. First is a curiosity, I don't see a date. Does anyone know when it was written and put out? Secondly, the first section reads "What happens if the city reneges on its contractual obligation to pay school bus companies!" According to this it leads me to believe that the City even under these circumstances doesn't have a clause to get out of their contract. It's either that or the Union Presidents should not be using the word "reneges." And before I get the possible "you're reading to much into it", please don't. As you can see in the letter this directly pertains to 16,000 people and their families besides 150,000 students and their families.

Buzz

First, seems like they got around to posting it on the local's website and sending emails late yesterday. I was told it was sent to PEP (Panel for Education Policies) members late Friday. https://atu1181.org/news/pep-members-memo/

If a company does not have the "force majeure" clause in their contract the city would be "reneging" on that contract if they didn't honor it and I'd assume the next step would be for them to settle it in court.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

That's my point the "force majeure" is probably not in their contract otherwise the word "reneges" should not have been used.