PEP meeting Wednesday

Started by Buzz, April 29, 2020, 12:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Supposedly the public can sit in by phone or pc on tomorrow's meeting which will include voting on paying bus company contractors.

Follow instructions on this page ... https://www.schools.nyc.gov/calendar/contentdetails/2020/04/29/default-calendar/panel-on-educational-policy-(pep)-monthly-meeting-(april)-4-22-2020
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

These payments are for March and April.   The whole process is screwy   also we provided services 2 week of march.,.   maybe im reading it wrong

yabba

if they go in order... the transportation is agenda number 26 and 27 of 36 items on agenda for tonight vote

PROUD MEMBER

Yabba
Where can I find that agenda information?

WigWag16

Here's what I'm having a issue with. If we have a contract that states we are guaranteed 39 paid weeks  then tonight's vote can over throw that? Also if Neil bids on the routes in the beginning of the year and gets the money to pay his drivers why would he stop paying us if he already has the money from the DOE?

WigWag16

yabba

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on April 29, 2020, 06:34:05 PM
Yabba
Where can I find that agenda information?

search nyc doe panel for educational policy...
then click on april 29th meeting... then agenda
then click on  B  approved contracts

sorry im not good at how to get the exact address... hope this helps....   there is a lot of info,if you can figure it out ...we are 26 and 27 on the list..

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on April 29, 2020, 06:56:05 PM
Here's what I'm having a issue with. If we have a contract that states we are guaranteed 39 paid weeks  then tonight's vote can over throw that? Also if Neil bids on the routes in the beginning of the year and gets the money to pay his drivers why would he stop paying us if he already has the money from the DOE?

He does NOT get paid at the beginning of the year or in advance at all. They still haven't paid him for March and April and that's what they're voting on tonight. He's been paying us out of pocket all this time. They are always 1 to 2 months in arrears.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on April 29, 2020, 08:00:14 PM
Quote from: WigWag16 on April 29, 2020, 06:56:05 PM

He does NOT get paid at the beginning of the year or in advance at all. They still haven't paid him for March and April and that's what they're voting on tonight. He's been paying us out of pocket all this time. They are always 1 to 2 months in arrears.

basically this looks like standard procedure...it really doesnt make sense but i guess this is how the city pays vendors... i guess the 5 year deal pioneer has with the city is the gaurantee neil has and if the city stops paying then he has a lawsuit...

steady

As of 7:12 the meeting was a hysterical failure.  The board members were laughing as well.  NYC cheap systems

Buzz

Welp, so much for that. After listening to them trying to get the audio working for an hour they voted to postpone the meeting til next week. I don't know what kind of shit software they were using but it was horrible.

WigWag16

Quote from: steady on April 30, 2020, 01:14:09 AM
As of 7:12 the meeting was a hysterical failure.  The board members were laughing as well.  NYC cheap systems

Sooooo no updates ? Lol

yabba

And you think online learning is working.    What a joke

yabba

Did anyone catch the Mexican playing the guitar.  Typical Mexican

WigWag16

Just saw on a news station saying Cuomo is making his decision this week or soon on schools. They interviewed the president of the UFT and he says let's remember school isn't closed just the building BUT everyone is so quick to say open the schools but nobody has a plan for the students teachers and bus drivers as far as social distancing when it comes to lunch and in the halls so there needs to be a plan before you make any decision to open them up

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on April 30, 2020, 01:47:49 AM

Was that the chancellor?

Fun Fact: Carranza is a Mariachi Musician. Really.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on April 30, 2020, 02:12:11 AM
Quote from: yabba on April 30, 2020, 01:47:49 AM

Was that the chancellor?

Fun Fact: Carranza is a Mariachi Musician. Really.

Yes he was sitting waiting for the issue to be fixed and playing the guitar

Buzz

Buzz

Hmm ... something fishy here. As pointed out on a Facebook post by PIST NYC, even if the meeting had continued yesterday, bus contracts would NOT have been on the agenda because between the original meeting date of 4/22 and the date it was postponed to, 4/29, bus contracts were WITHDRAWN from the agenda.

April 22 agenda

April 29 agenda

And if you add up the amounts, they total about $136,400,000 ... NOT the $700 million they talk about in the papers.  Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

steady

Based on that last news article I hope 1181 puts out a message to all members soon.  I'd like to hear from Cordiello before I get a message from Neil.

Buzz

Regarding the Daily News article, here's a quote that might be a glimmer of hope:

" Education Department spokeswoman Danielle Filson said the contracts were pulled from Wednesday night's agenda so the city could "take the extra time necessary to review these contracts in light of the City's current financial situation."

Also, no letters have gone out yet, as they claim. Today is a possibility. We'll know one way or another by the end of the day.

Hammer2161

Will we at least no today if we need to claim unemployment for last week ?  This absolutely sucks but if we need to claim UI benefits there would no break in the claim started for Easter week.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on April 30, 2020, 04:16:11 PM
Will we at least no today if we need to claim unemployment for last week ?  This absolutely sucks but if we need to claim UI benefits there would no break in the claim started for Easter week.

Not following you. We will get paid for last week tomorrow.

Hammer2161

Ok that sounds good and Ty Buzz. Just trying to follow along like everyone else.