Pioneer Brothers and Sisters

Started by Ernie, April 30, 2020, 04:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

I am aware of the article in New York Daily news. However all I can say at this point is please sit tight..

I will have more answers later in the day.I appreciate your patience in this crucial issue.
Thank you all..please stay safe.

Hammer2161

Will we at least know at some point if we need to claim unemployment for last week.
This apparently sucks for many reasons but if we need to claim UI benefits there would be no break in the claim started during Easter week. I hope they fix this for a lot of reasons but this unfortunately doesn't look promising. Keeping more than my fingers crossed.

Buzz

We're getting paid for last week Tomorrow.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

Ernie, please let us know about the medical benefits.  Becuase if if they will be dropped until we go back to work we need a letter stating that in order to get new insurance under spouse or elsewhere.  thank you.

Ernie

Someone from our Union is circulating an email about your rights during a furlough in it there is a quote that says medical plans are usually maintained and you will have access to your medical benefits through COBRA .That is correct BUT medical benefits through COBRA can only be acquired by PAYING for them. It is NOT FREE.

THIS ARTICLE IS MISLEADING AND BEING MISINTERPRETED..

yabba

what is the cobra cost we need to know

wheresmymoney!

cobra cost A FORTUNE FYI.  regardless of what we chose to use, they need  to send us documentation asap saying weve lost our benefits

Ernie

I am not suggesting you take COBRA...my intent in this message is to alert all members of an email circulating about COBRA. just  to clarify that it is not FREE.  Do not believe the Interpretation that some members have of the meaning of furlough.. Please be aware that we know everyone is worried but we cannot put the cart before the horse. All information will be supplied as soon as we are briefed.

So PLEASEEEEE do NOT listen to news reports or what you read in newspapers or INTERNET until you hear directly from your UNION

PROUD MEMBER

LMR

steady

Tomorrow is May 1st.  Does anyone know if the medical coverage continues.

Buzz

Quote from: steady on April 30, 2020, 10:22:52 PM
Tomorrow is May 1st.  Does anyone know if the medical coverage continues.

Unless we get some good news before midnight, no.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.