Medical Benifits

Started by Eucerin, April 30, 2020, 04:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

When does my Medical Benefits END???

WigWag16

We need the exact term because Furlough means you're supposed to still get medical. That's the difference between furlough and lay off

J.T.

Sounds good to me need my medical, let's hope we get it .

wheresmymoney!

yeah need the medical this is serious!!

Buzz

Hate to break it to you guys but the company cannot pay for our medical if the city doesn't extend payments to the contractors.

Thinking out loud ... perhaps there could be some agreement with the city to give contractors enough to pay our benefits even if we're not getting paid salary ... but that's just me wondering if that's an option. I don't know.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

a day's notice to lose everything is not fair.  and we'll need documentation stating that we lose our medical in order to get medical through another family member. i for one cant get my family covered under spousal insurance without letter saying ours is terminated effective on _____ date.   

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
I agree with ur thinking about the Medical Benefits but if this is something that has not been on the table and in discussion for the past month or at least the past two weeks I doubt if they will even look into that in one day. Having said that I looked into furloughed employees not getting paid but keeping their benefits and from what I see NY State is one of the states that allow that ... BUT ... It's up to the individual company and obviously each employee would either have to pay the the company his or her share on a weekly basis or when they return to work. Having said that if we're going to be out until September and considering Neil has around 800 employees unless the City puts up the money for our benefits we're out of luck. I've heard and understand that Neil has done the right thing since our last day at work but without him being compensated from the City unfortunately I think the good heartedness ends here. Hopefully this is all a moot point and Ernie or Michael will give us some good news by the end of the day.

Buzz

It would cost Neil MILLIONS of dollars to carry his share of our benes for 2 months. Not going to happen and who could blame him?

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on April 30, 2020, 05:34:06 PM
a day's notice to lose everything is not fair.  and we'll need documentation stating that we lose our medical in order to get medical through another family member. i for one cant get my family covered under spousal insurance without letter saying ours is terminated effective on _____ date.   

I'm sure if such a letter becomes necessary you'd be able to get one somehow.

Sit tight until the end of the day. The fat lady hasn't sung yet.

wheresmymoney!

yes agreed Buzz, but a day without coverage is one day too many for alot of us so we need more time and more advance notice.  also, documetation proving discontinuation of coverage if it comes to that. im hoping union can carry us one more more at least and provide us with the proper documentation. i for one dont mind paying the conpany if that's an option.  i guess have to wait til day's end to know what exactly is going on.  :crazy: :perplexed:

PROUD MEMBER

I think ur wrong but hope ur right. You said 2 months. At minimum I think it would be 4 months unless there's summer school or are you suggesting that no matter what we would get our benefits back for July & August regardless.

yabba

not confirmed but mant sources saying doe might not go back to classroom till 1-2021

WigWag16

Quote from: yabba on April 30, 2020, 06:45:53 PM
not confirmed but mant sources saying doe might not go back to classroom till 1-2021
Yeah I heard Denver is looking at January 2021

PROUD MEMBER

Just got off the phone with a council member's Office. I called inquiring about medical coverage for furloughed employees. Before we went any further and got into the medical options I was asked where do I work. I said I work for Pioneer school bus transportation and that I read an article in the daily news today and that today would most likely be my last day of work. I was stopped right there and told to the best of their knowledge that that article means nothing and that the meeting last night was postponed and also no decision can be made unless it's voted on and it has to be voted on in a public forum. Also that there are people involved on both sides that are and are not lobbying for us to continue to have medical benefits if we are furloughed.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on April 30, 2020, 06:20:46 PM
I think ur wrong but hope ur right. You said 2 months. At minimum I think it would be 4 months unless there's summer school or are you suggesting that no matter what we would get our benefits back for July & August regardless.

I don't know that we can assume our benefits would resume in July. I was talking about the 2 working months we have left.

But again ... we can't keep saying "What if ... what if ... what it?" (Not your words ... just in general.) Let's see what happens today. We can't lay out a roadmap if we don't even know where we're going.