Unclear decision

Started by Ernie, April 30, 2020, 11:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

To all members
    I know that everyone is thinking this is the most horrible time. I just need everyone to know the Union will do everything in their power to keep moving forward and achieve our goal. Everyone must remember when we were knee deep into negotiations and times looked very grim. Where most of us thought we would be in the streets on strike. The Union did what they do best and conquered our problem by getting the Mayor's office involved with our negotiation. And YES I do understand that this time looks just as grim as it did back then and I know losing our jobs and medical benefits are a total disaster. I just want to inform everyone that the decision to not continue to fund drivers, attendants and mechanics has not been decided.        The BOE and the Mayor's office at this time have been silent and there have been no answers from either the BOE or Mayors office as of yet. I urge everyone to stay calm in spite of the letters you received or articles in news. Let us do what we do best as a Union, We will never give up. You're Executive  Board and the President of the Union have been on the phone all hours of the night. And most importantly remember the decision of stopping payment to contractors is made by the PEP which everyone knows the meeting yesterday was canceled till next week. The deciding factor is theirs. And NO SUCH decision has been made as of yet. As I said we think this is the most grim time in our lives, please try to stay calm in spite of the news you received today from the company.
            I will be back to you all as this ordeal moves forward and give you whatever answers we receive on a daily basis. From the contractors the City and the Mayor's office as well as the governor's office.

Thank you all respectfully Ernie and your President and Executive Board
P.S. I ask you all please have faith and we'll get through this together.

WigWag16

Worst Case Scenario do we have jobs to return to with Pioneer once the schools open back given the term used is Furlough in our situation ? I know it's a grim question to ask but felt it should be asked as crappy as it is

Ernie

WigWag16

OMG

Well, I hope we hear something soon within the next couple of days. Because I'm about to jump in my car and put my papers in, pull my money out and call it a day. I'm beyond sure the EB is working hard for us, but to find out in two days we're gonna lose income and medical benefits is quite a punch in the stomach.

PROUD MEMBER

Ernie
Thanks for the update and thanks for your dedication but we still need clarification with regards to our medical coverage. As I'm sure you know I've been following everything very closely and I know it is true that we have to wait until the PEP votes next week. Regardless if they vote in favor or not in favor we need to know about our medical benefits starting tomorrow morning Friday, May 1st. If nothing changes by midnight tonight according to Pioneer we are officially furloughed and officially have no medical insurance. I see that Buzz posted a link earlier with regards to Cobra and with all due respect to him, we want to hear from either you or Michael to EXACTLY what we have to do tomorrow morning with regards to medical? Unfortunately many of us don't have the benefit of waiting for daily updates or next week's vote.
If we wait up tomorrow morning and nothings has changed, what do we do?
Is there any other options besides Cobra?
With regards to Cobra - what's their phone#?
When we contact Cobra, besides the obvious is there anything else that we need to tell them?
Do we need to give them a letter from the Union and/or Pioneer?
How long of a period from the time we lose employment do we have to apply for Cobra?

Thanks for your anticipated response
Proud Member & Other Members

wheresmymoney!