Write Up Your Defects!!!

Started by Buzz, November 17, 2015, 02:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I'm hearing the DOT inspector was pissed off by shop personnel and retaliated by walking around the yard looking for defects yesterday. It's unconfirmed but he supposedly wrote 10 violations, with as many hearings to follow. This morning he was standing outside pointing out defects to drivers as they passed the shop.

(Of course, writing up a defect is no guarantee it will be fixed, but at least you're covered. Get it done the next morning if necessary.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Air_Brakes

I should have gone to Sharrotts!  Seriously though, when does this end?  Everything...everything is taken out on the driver.  If there was a tiff with the shop, deal with them, why try to hurt us?   :thumbdown:

Buzz

Quote from: Air_Brakes on November 17, 2015, 03:19:28 PM
I should have gone to Sharrotts!  Seriously though, when does this end?  Everything...everything is taken out on the driver.  If there was a tiff with the shop, deal with them, why try to hurt us?   :thumbdown:

I know what you're saying. We just have so many different people looking to bang us out for something. The ones who are most crucial to the operation are the ones who get the short end of the stick. Now I know how Rodney felt ... "no respect."  I'm guessing the inspector did not immediately realize that he was punishing drivers. It must have been brought to his attention and maybe that's why this morning he was just warning guys ... didn't seem to be writing down any bus numbers.

(On the other hand, if you have no defects he can't hurt you.)

Eucerin

What type of defects were written up?

Buzz

Quote from: Eucerin on November 17, 2015, 05:51:04 PM
What type of defects were written up?

I don't really know, but heard one of them was loose mirrors.

rc1790

PROUD MEMBER

Although loose or missing lug nuts should be seen by the inspecting driver I would have to assume the only way that they were loose or missing in the first place is that a mechanic(s) are not doing their job properly.

Buzz

Actually, I'm sure you could have nuts that could feel tight to the hand, but would prove to be loose with lug wrench.

(I think you're exempt if you're allergic to nuts.)

WakeUp123

ANOTHER POSTING BY BUZZ FILLED WITH GUESSES, RUMORS (THAT ONLY HE HEARS) AND SCREWBALL ANALYSIS OF REAL LIFE SITUATIONS.

Squid

Wake up 123
Buzz has more patience with you than I would.
Many of us come here and get useful info here. Buzz regularly talks to Ernie and the office and tries to keep people informed of what is going on . He does the best he can. You seem to like to attack him personally here . (Of course you could say these thing to his face but that would require a pair of balls). If I were him I'd block you in a minute. All you do is come here to stir up shit.

Air_Brakes

I feel he/she is looking to make trouble.  Not being reasonable, asking for info just for kicks, receipts for parking, cmon, just acting like a rookie troll.  We all have different opinions, and I feel that Buzz has more rights than others pertaining to his running of this site.  Have some maturity and maybe express your opinions in a less offensive manner.  Or just leave. :wave:  We have seen posters like you come and go.  You add nothing.

Buzz

Quote from: WakeUp123 on December 23, 2015, 11:50:07 PM
ANOTHER POSTING BY BUZZ FILLED WITH GUESSES, RUMORS (THAT ONLY HE HEARS) AND SCREWBALL ANALYSIS OF REAL LIFE SITUATIONS.

Well, I GUESS I should wish you a Merry Christmas because the RUMOR is that it's right around the corner and my ANALYSIS of this REAL LIFE SITUATION is that this should be the last response you get from me.

WakeUp123

Air brakes, seriously why are you people so afraid of anyone who speaks out against the problems here? I'm only stating what the majority of you feel and complain about on a daily basis. And regarding ' Buzz has more rights because he runs this site"  analogy ( that means his understanding) of the issues is the most DANGEROUS AND IRRESPONSIBLE statement I have ever read. This is an OPEN site free for all members to voice, debate and expose issues with this industry, job and union. Please don't give a 'BLANK CHECK" to anyone just because they run this site.

If you research Buzz's prior posts especially the ones dealing with Pioneer or the union he never has the right information. It is always filled with rumors or out right wrong info. Check it out for your self how his posts are always defending the office or the union, like I always say 'BOTH ENDS FROM THE MIDDLE"
But I shouldn't have to tell you this, should I?

LMR

Air brakes and squid I couldn't agree more with your comments regarding Wakeup123.And let me correctly you Wakeup123 you do not speak for majority of us,and certainly not me.Maybe it's time for you to quit your complaining about how you are so victimized by the lies on this site and go right to Ernie and tell him how you feel and stop spewing your poison all over this site.PS I personally witnessed Buzz talking to Ernie about what's going on with the contract and what the sticking points were,and there was no evidence of collusion or deception.Just trying to get info right from the horses mouth and be able to have valid info.Thanks for what you do on this site Buzz.Merry Christmas to all!

Buzz

Thank you, Squid, Air_Brakes and LMR and Merry Christmas to you, too. This guy obviously has some kind of vendetta against me and, among other things, is full of "keyboard courage" (otherwise he'd post with his real name). Pay no attention, let him knock himself out with his rants.