Pick May Be Postponed

Started by Buzz, August 10, 2021, 08:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

@TheKid24: Look bud, I can sympathize with you TO A POINT, but only to a point. The contract sucks for new people but it is better than it was back in 2013. To put thing into perspective ...

How about people that have been here 10, 20 or 30 years? In the 2013 contract we LOST a lot of what we USED TO HAVE. It has taken us years to get back some of what we USED TO HAVE and still don't have it all back yet.

You, on the other hand, are complaining about things you've NEVER HAD.

Sorry, bruh, but it had to be said.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on August 11, 2021, 05:27:37 PM
@TheKid24: Look bud, I can sympathize with you TO A POINT, but only to a point. The contract sucks for new people but it is better than it was back in 2013. To put thing into perspective ...

How about people that have been here 10, 20 or 30 years? In the 2013 contract we LOST a lot of what we USED TO HAVE. It has taken us years to get back some of what we USED TO HAVE and still don't have it all back yet.

You, on the other hand, are complaining about things you've NEVER HAD.

Sorry, bruh, but it had to be said.

I'm not looking for any sympathy, or attacking anyone on the old contract. All
I'm stating is that with a new contract looming they need to take care of you guys on the old contract while protecting the future of the company. I'm not getting into a debate of what you guys had what you guys lost you gotta put time in blah blah, I get it and again that's not my point. My whole point is that a driver should not be punished money wise if a school is closed due to Covid when the driver came to work and is now losing 4 hours pay or no pay at all due to something out of the drivers hands. The logic doesn't make sense and has nothing to do with guaranteed weeks or not. It's a new situation and we should all be under the same umbrella for Covid. Not like I work M-Th and my schools are closed in general holiday wise on a Friday I expect not to get paid and ok with that. New contract is looming a few things need to be discussed. You'd be having the same talking points if you were in my shoes. Again it's not an attack on your old contract you earned it I get it. I'm talking about is new guys not waiting 12 years for top pay or us feeling free to pick a public school run knowing we will get paid a full week of Covid affects our schools compared to getting late picking a Jewish school run to make sure we get paid a whole week because they never close. Those tit for tats need to be discussed and that's a new guy thing not old contract thing. Nobody here is complaining it's just general talk of what needs to be discussed during the next negotiations. You wanna take my opinions for my future as an attack get all defensive by saying "sorry bruh it's had to be said" that's on you. It has nothing to do with what I "NEVER" had it has to do with what I currently have and what can be changed

Buzz

Not being "defensive" in the least. Just putting things in perspective, that's all. You feel you're being treated unfairly and I agree.

I'm just saying it's not only the new guys that have been treated unfairly. The difference is, you agreed to it when you signed on. What senior guys agreed to when they signed on was taken away from them in past contracts, (though we have subsequently gotten most back).

2 more years and hopefully a better contract for all. Hang in there.

PROUD MEMBER

Also there are members that have been working steady at Pioneer for over 10 years and unfortunately they are under the new contract also.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 11, 2021, 09:18:25 PM
Also there are members that have been working steady at Pioneer for over 10 years and unfortunately they are under the new contract also.

How is that? If they're here 10 years that's prior to 2013. Isn't that the dividing line between previous drivers' and new hires' contracts?

PROUD MEMBER

I stand corrected.
There's drivers that have worked every day for the past 8 years but unfortunately are under the new contract.

Tommy Gall

Hopefully just postponed Kid....   I understand how u feel. These are f'ed up times.  Things will eventually get better

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
Any DEFINITE word on whether or not there will be a pick. If no word yet, either way when you do find out I'm assuming that you will post it. When you do post it and if there's not going to be a pick get you also find out if we still have to go to the office on our scheduled assigned pick times and get & sign for a copy of our last year's run. And obviously get our route signs.
Thanks in advance