Phone ID on buses

Started by PROUD MEMBER, July 27, 2021, 04:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

Ok guys get ready for this shit....

They put a bar code on the back of our Board of Education ID, we have to scan in and out every AM shift and PM shift. When you're two mins from the stop a message will be sent to the parents through an app letting them know we are near by for a pick up and drop off. A roster of the kids at each stop will pop up and as the kid scans themselves on the bus it highlights their name. If they don't scan in it lose their card we gotta do it manually. All the seniority drivers that were like ok so when a car hits our kids because we were looking at the computer then what. Then Owen was like I asked all these questions and they didn't have answers. And apparently if you have no kids in the PM you gotta go to the school log in then leave 🤦🏻‍♂️

Buzz

Ridiculous. The bar code should be on a separate ID card. Our DOE ID should stay in our wallet ... less likely to be lost. I'm wondering if a picture of the bar code would scan ... either from a phone or laminated and kept on one's key chain.

They never think shit all the way through.

Question: If you don't scan, will your bus start?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

I give this program maybe 2 months before we say screw it

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on August 06, 2021, 02:38:33 AM
Ridiculous. The bar code should be on a separate ID card. Our DOE ID should stay in our wallet ... less likely to be lost. I'm wondering if a picture of the bar code would scan ... either from a phone or laminated and kept on one's key chain.

They never think shit all the way through.

Question: If you don't scan, will your bus start?

Yeah it will start, if you don't scan you can't pick your bus number and bus route. Also this will be a big issue. If someone picks your route by mistake and just goes about his day lol you can't log into your route. Also if you don't scan you won't be "online" for the parents or office to know exactly where the bus is during the route. It's like a live GPS system I guess. MTA wannabe program

PROUD MEMBER

And what happens if you're covering another run besides ur own?
Will the system allow you to download two runs?
What happens if you are on the road and a dispatcher comes over the air and says, "can anyone pick up two stops going into?"
What happens if you're at ur PM school waiting and a dispatcher asks "can anyone can cover another PM run?"

Buzz

All good questions, PROUD MEMBER. Something tells me they won't have answers.

Buzz

So, it would seem to me that this should eliminate the need for trip cards, no?

TheKid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 06, 2021, 10:11:51 AM
And what happens if you're covering another run besides ur own?
Will the system allow you to download two runs?
What happens if you are on the road and a dispatcher comes over the air and says, "can anyone pick up two stops going into?"
What happens if you're at ur PM school waiting and a dispatcher asks "can anyone can cover another PM run?"

Was told "we don't know yet"

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on August 06, 2021, 01:13:32 PM

So, it would seem to me that this should eliminate the need for trip cards, no?

As of now, no because that has to do with Payroll I assume

TheKid24

The tech guy couldn't get myself at least 5 of us set up in the system so who knows what's going on with that lol. I'm sure you guys will receive "training" during your refresher

Buzz

Good news ... I hear the program has already been suspended and limited to the buses in which it's all ready installed, for the time being ... or hopefully forever.

I understand they realized there are too many questions to which they didn't have answers and have had trouble getting it to work in some of the buses in which it was installed.

Who couldn't have predicted this?

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on August 10, 2021, 02:50:05 AM

Good news ... I hear the program has already been suspended and limited to the buses in which it's all ready installed, for the time being ... or hopefully forever.

I understand they realized there are too many questions to which they didn't have answers and have had trouble getting it to work in some of the buses in which it was installed.

Who couldn't have predicted this?

Someone actually said its
Going to end up being a phone charger for android users lol. Whom did you hear this from may I ask? It was only installed in maybe 20 buses if that.  It's
Installed in my bus I hope I don't have to use it lol

TheKid24

It wouldn't be fair if only the people that had it installed have to use it if the program is being suspended

PROUD MEMBER

"It wouldn't be fair"
I know ur new but ur not that new!!!

TheKid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 10, 2021, 07:11:02 PM
"It wouldn't be fair"
I know ur new but ur not that new!!!

If the program is being suspended why should those who have it on the bus still have to use it? Makes no sense