Living in the USSR

Started by WTF, February 18, 2013, 07:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTF

In All my years I Never thought that We would lose the Freedom of News. I seen may changes in this country that I thought would never happened. I'm not going to start mentioning the long list of them, but I Never thought that 1 man can put a Complete Black Out (have control) over the media like he did. The power of this dictator, Mayor Scumberg even had Albany and Washington being afraid to intervine. This reminds me of the power Hitler had, and the control Russia had/has over its people. To live this event personally, I never felt so embarrassed to be an American.   >:(

mirrorcheck

Wtf....it is amazing and it was one mans will what happened,not what was good for the employees,us,or the parents that depend and rely on the service. The many parents that missed work hours and money were brutalized,and us too. Shame this had to happen.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

GMC JOE

:rolleyes: I think he is one of the top ten richest people  . In New York the richest that is alot of power and control !
In God We Trust

Buzz

Well, as another astute driver pointed out to me, only 26% of eligible voters voted in the 2009 mayoral election. Bloomy won by less than 4% over Thompson. Could have been a much different outcome if more people had voted. Not voting is often a vote for the "other guy."
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Case in Point,Last November 2012,the non voters killed Romney and by default re elected obama.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

GMC JOE

Serious votes may know that there is no real difference between the choices . AND ,And  we need a real drastic difference    :sos:
In God We Trust

mirrorcheck

Agree.....However.....Id rather have some chance then no chance. Whats to guarantee that real change will occur,its scary,what if Obama types are the best we have that will go that far to seek the highest office?

GMC JOE

NO change if it is headed in the same direction . If it a different direction now that is when the silent will vote and then Liberals of any degree are done . ;D
In God We Trust

Rock Steady

As of right now, there really aren't any big name Republicans with their hats in the race. But quite a number of Democrats like Quinn & Thompson and I believe one or two others.  I think it will be tough to beat either one of these unless you have a Bloomberg type war chest, and I haven't seen one yet.

mirrorcheck

Never have a Been so personally set on one side politically,yet professionally could benefit if the other side won. Both elected probably end up doing nothing anyway. I am "cynically disgusted."

Rock Steady

I personally heard Bill Thompson state in an interview in the very beginning of the strike that the EPP should be in place.  He was very much in favor of the EPP.

GMC JOE

I do not have faith in any of them helping us . I keep listening and reading about them . I have yet to hear them mention this problem.
In God We Trust

Rock Steady

Well then, we should wait and see and not kill our selves about it. With all the support we had, even though it was not televised, they know whats best for them, we had an entire city in our favor wether you knew it or not.  Any one who ever goes against the EPP will have the blood of many thousands dripping from their hands and that will not work for them in their favor. So just let it go for now and lets see how they run their campaign, because we'll be there in more ways then one. Take some time off of worrying, we deserve it, I know I do. Two kids, two dogs, a massive mortgage, expensive wife, no pention, etc.  Relax for now and let it go. If it wasn't for someone being so negative on this website you wouldn't even know me. 

mirrorcheck

Rock steady I am in same boat less 1 kid and less 1 dog,,,,a divorce thats just as costly,but in all seriousness I get it. You have a good outlook. I agree with Gmc joe,however in my opinion,I will have to be blown away by any candidate to take the time to fully back and go vote again. We need real life solutions.In your position like mine you do feel it that much more. We cant afford more expensive band aids that kick the can further down the road.

Buzz

Then again, wasn't it a democratic governor who VETOED a bill that would have made the EPP law ....  :devil:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.