March 20 Update from 1181

Started by Buzz, March 20, 2015, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

It's about time. Eventhough today's letter doesn't exactly change anything YET at least at Pioneer it is a good sign. Just a couple of days ago I made a post with regards to I'm tired of hearing & seeing posts by the Union saying "we are working with the Mayor's Office." Today's letter says that and a whole lot more. It answers specifics. I want to thank Michael & the EB and all others who continue in the battle to help Local 1181 regain what it once had & was.

Buzz

Well it is good to hear first hand that companies are getting extensions and the fight for the EPP is still on, though I know it's always been Michael's #1 priority. If we get at least that, hopefully something of a more permanent nature would take place during that time.

And, yes, we did agree to pay 5% more toward our medical. But it was for the medical coverage as we knew it ... not the "POS" crap we have now. To me, this is like signing a lease with Honda for "X" amount of dollars per month for a Pilot, then half-way through it they tell you, "You're going to keep paying us ... plus 5% ... but we're taking away the Pilot and giving you a Civic instead." It's bullshit. OK, so I'm pissed off because I just had to pay $75 for the same meds I used to pay $30 for, but still ...  :devil:

Squid

Buzz ur right about medical. They won't pay a bill for me because they said I went out of network even though their website says its in the network. I called them 2 weeks ago they said they would get back to me. I'm still waiting

Grrr

Contract extensions and Epp mean nothing if I have to take another financial hit come contract time.

Rock Steady

I heard a few things that were said about Neals brief visit to an almost empty drivers room.  The one thing he did say was that with an extension we may we may not get all our give backs back. he brought up the COI, which is bullshit. I did the research and it's almost nothing. we made give backs so he can be competitive in a bidding war which never happened, these give backs hurt me quite a bit. I WANT MY STUFF BACK, ALL OF IT !!  and the thing is he had support making that statement in the drivers room which is totally shocking to me.  ALL OF IT !

PROUD MEMBER

I hear u Rock Steady but before we start worrying about and debating what our new contract should be I would suggest not starting any controversy until its official that Pioneer has gotten an extension.

snypster

looks like the may bids were postponed until further notice on opt website     http://schools.nyc.gov/Offices/DCP/Vendor/RFB/Default.htm

Buzz

Quote from: snypster on March 21, 2015, 04:01:00 PM
looks like the may bids were postponed until further notice on opt website     http://schools.nyc.gov/Offices/DCP/Vendor/RFB/Default.htm

Thanks for a little more good news! That can only mean things are in the works ... in our favor.

snypster

Right Buzz, hopefully things will finally start turning around in our favor   

worker341

There are too many different contracts out there and all of us in 1181 will not be getting the same salary or benefits I believe. Think about this for one moment if Pioneer had a shit contract and say another 1181 Co. had a better Contract what are we going to do go on strike I really don't think anyone wants that again and Neil knows that too. So we have to eat the shit and he gets richer. My point is we don't have a leg to stand on with or without a extension or the epp. Sorry this is just what I think, I really hope I am wrong about this.

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on March 23, 2015, 02:54:28 AM
There are too many different contracts out there and all of us in 1181 will not be getting the same salary or benefits I believe. Think about this for one moment if Pioneer had a shit contract and say another 1181 Co. had a better Contract what are we going to do go on strike I really don't think anyone wants that again and Neil knows that too. So we have to eat the shit and he gets richer. My point is we don't have a leg to stand on with or without a extension or the epp. Sorry this is just what I think, I really hope I am wrong about this.

Getting the EPP back is prerequisite to having uniform contracts throughout all companies doing DOE work.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
I understand what you are saying and I also understand what 341 is saying. Unfortunately although 341 has stated he hopes he's wrong I have to agree with him. Hopefully when the EPP is reinstated as you yourself just stated it is prerequisite to having uniform contracts. The key word here is contract(s) NOT CONTRACT. There is no longer 1 contract between the Union and the contractors. There is I believe approximately 26 different contracts. EPP or no EPP how do you get 26 separate contracts to be uniform? The only way I see that as possible is for us Members that have the better contracts to accept less because you know the companies that are paying less and giving less benefits are not going to give more. On top of that the idea of a Striking does not pose much of a threat because 500 or 800 members here or there is not the same as 8000 or 9000 Members walking out. If I am wrong someone please correct me or if I'm right tell me how we can make this right.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 23, 2015, 02:38:42 PM
The only way I see that as possible is for us Members that have the better contracts to accept less because you know the companies that are paying less and giving less benefits are not going to give more ...

But if there is an EPP there won't be companies paying less.

PROUD MEMBER

I hope you're right but I still don't understand. Example: We at Pioneer lost 1 day for every 5 days (accrual) we use to get whereas I'm am told some Members at other companies lost 2 or more. So how does an EPP change that or any other differences in the different contracts?