1181 NewsLetter

Started by Kid24, December 23, 2022, 01:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid24

Direct quote from the newsletter

School Bus Contracts:
The Union is fighting through negotiations to get back what our members previously had and everything they lost. The wages should be enough to stop the shortage. Let's pay our members what they deserve.

Upcoming Negotiations 2023
NYCSBUS: January 10, 2023
Pioneer Transportation/Consolidated/Logan: February 1, 2023
All American: Last met November 30, 2022. We will keep you informed.

Buzz

Sounds good ... but until these owners run out of people to cover work, they're not going to be too quick to give much in the way of raises. They're saving thousands per man per month for every one NOT hired.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Which everyone knows Buzz (coverage )  including the city . How can NYCSC negotiate  a rumored return to that legacy contract and then we wouldn't . Let it all
Play out ....things have to change . The penny wise dollar foolish mindset that got us here has to stop or it will only get worse and fail. There's a reason why this shortage isn't just in our city and state....
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

A link to the newsletter is posted in the 1181 Matters forum.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

The saddest part of these negotiations is the part where you show the 3 different dates.
"3" different contracts for
"1" entire Local
That along with Bloomberg is/was the downfall of this Local.
This negotiation should be about getting
ALL NYC LOCAL 1181 SCHOOL BUS MEMBERS BACK UNDER ONE CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!
Until that happens we will always be on the short end of the stick!!!
I thought I remembered a saying
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
or maybe that was just a dream I had in my sleep.

mirrorcheck

Proud Member  Bloomberg took his shot and the sting hurt . The break in collective bargaining (if you remember was supposed to help us we were a big garage ). So just like the 10-12 farcical contracts that exist , solidarity was Broken. All we can do now is stick together . Yeah runs get broken up , union loses dues, funds lose contributions, etc ...the money goes right up to the top. We have to stick together and push to get it back.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.