So you want Bobby's balls on a meat hook?

Started by Buzz, September 28, 2020, 05:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Seems like some of you want to tar and feather Janks without knowing his side ... which is exactly why there should be an official communication.

I don't think there are too many people more paranoid about this fucking virus than I am. I take my mail in with tongs and put it in a rack I made with the days of the week on it and don't touch it for 4 or 5 days. Everything I bring home from the supermarket is either not touched for 4 or 5 days or it is wiped with alcohol. I even spray my fucking newspaper with alcohol!

So, if you think I'm not nervous about having spoken to Bobby ... although it was outside and I was reasonably distanced from him ... you're wrong. I am.

Well I just spoke to Bobby a few minutes ago. He says he now is experiencing only mild symptoms. He only learned Saturday that he was positive. He told me he had no idea he had the virus when he came to work Friday and only learned after he left Friday that the son who lives with him tested positive.

I have no reason not to believe him and in retrospect do not see that he was irresponsible in any way or had any reason not to come to work Friday morning. You can believe what you want but I felt compelled to tell his side of the story.

People who were in the office all week and in contact with Bobby, like Andy, Anthony, Scott, etc. have tested negative. So if you just happened to pass him in the driver's room or talked to him through the plexiglass it's unlikely that you caught it. But there's no harm in getting tested.

Still, I think an email from the company would have put some fears to rest or at least have given us a clearer picture of the situation.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

You know a huge part of the problem is it seems the protocols put in place seem to contradict themselves over and over. They need to be simple and matter of factly so there is no grey area. Unfortunately at Pioneer we have to yet be given any straight forward guidance and that can simply be because the BOE itself doesn't have any. This is a cluster fuck of major proportions and unfortunately for us we are stuck right in the middle of it. In the days and weeks to come we as drivers and matrons are going to come into contact with more and more children and faculty while picking up and dropping off children.

I THINK WE HAVE A LOT TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT !!!!

OMG

Agreed, to many grey areas as far as I'm concerned.  There was absolutely nothing written in stone, the rules and regulations contradict themselves and our safety is not of anyone's concern. I know everyone was complaining about the UFT, but at least they're fighting for their teachers and staff, must be nice.

Tyme

Quote from: Buzz on September 28, 2020, 05:39:16 PM

Seems like some of you want to tar and feather Janks without knowing his side ... which is exactly why there should be an official communication.

I don't think there are too many people more paranoid about this fucking virus than I am. I take my mail in with tongs and put it in a rack I made with the days of the week on it and don't touch it for 4 or 5 days. Everything I bring home from the supermarket is either not touched for 4 or 5 days or it is wiped with alcohol. I even spray my fucking newspaper with alcohol!

So, if you think I'm not nervous about having spoken to Bobby ... although it was outside and I was reasonably distanced from him ... you're wrong. I am.

Well I just spoke to Bobby a few minutes ago. He says he now is experiencing only mild symptoms. He only learned Saturday that he was positive. He told me he had no idea he had the virus when he came to work Friday and only learned after he left Friday that the son who lives with him tested positive.

I have no reason not to believe him and in retrospect do not see that he was irresponsible in any way or had any reason not to come to work Friday morning. You can believe what you want but I felt compelled to tell his side of the story.

People who were in the office all week and in contact with Bobby, like Andy, Anthony, Scott, etc. have tested negative. So if you just happened to pass him in the driver's room or talked to him through the plexiglass it's unlikely that you caught it. But there's no harm in getting tested.

Still, I think an email from the company would have put some fears to rest or at least have given us a clearer picture of the situation.

And why didn't pioneer notify anyone Friday night after he learned about his son being sick that lives with him? Or even Saturday when he tested positive? Why Sunday night at 8pm ? Makes no sense !

WigWag16

see that's the thing? I am in no way blaming it angry with Bobby. I believe his story and hope he gets well, It's a tricky virus. Whether you came in contact with him or not the second pioneer found out they should have sent out an email letting everyone know what the plan was. Here we are Monday when they found out Friday Night not a peep from them

Buzz

Quote from: Tyme on September 28, 2020, 06:48:37 PM
And why didn't pioneer notify anyone Friday night after he learned about his son being sick that lives with him? Or even Saturday when he tested positive? Why Sunday night at 8pm ? Makes no sense !

They notified us Sunday? I didn't get anything from the company.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

Hammer2161

faceit

All lives matter

Eucerin