Student Test Positive

Started by TheKid24, January 07, 2021, 12:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

I believe she's first grade. She was in Tuesday and out yesterday, I believe her class or entire grade is shut down. I had three girls on the bus yesterday, 3rd and 4th grade 

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on January 07, 2021, 02:12:05 AM
Urgent Care said I can't go for a test for another 4-5 days because that's how long it takes after exposure. Also Buzz do you know if new hires are getting those 5 days sick pay this year like we were able to use last year

If you get a positive result and/or are TOLD to quarantine it's my understanding that your sick days are not used for this purpose.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 07, 2021, 11:29:10 AM
The reason I ask is because I would assume that today you should have no children on the bus because I also assume that the school should have told all of them that they have to quarantine.

You would think so, right? But then, this is a Jewish school ...

faceit

All lives matter

TheKid24

I think I would only get paid if I show a positive test. They won't pay me to sit home till I show a negative which is what it should be. If I'm out today and tomorrow and my results come
Back over the weekend I'm negative the should pay me Thursday and Friday. But from the sounds of it if you come in contact and haven't been tested yet you can still
Come in as per what they told me today

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on January 07, 2021, 02:26:28 PM
But he does get paid right?

Have to test positive or be ordered to by a contact tracer.

TheKid24

Went to city MD on Richmond by rockland Ave, 5-6 hour wait, went to the one off
Amboy and Richmond 10 people ahead of me. I'm gonna ask for the rapid test and the lab test

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on January 07, 2021, 03:53:43 PM
Went to city MD on Richmond by rockland Ave, 5-6 hour wait, went to the one off
Amboy and Richmond 10 people ahead of me. I'm gonna ask for the rapid test and the lab test

Watch out for City MD ... supposed to be free but I've heard they've been billing people.

TheKid24

Yeah ended up at urgent care they didn't ask for payment yet and I'm
In
My car after I signed up lol.

faceit

All lives matter

TheKid24

Just finished they did both, she was like it could be too early given I had contact with her 2 days ago and symptoms show later but in my head I was like my friend  was exposed and tested positive after like a day or two of being exposed...

My Rapid is negative, I'll hear back in 3-5 days on the lab

Buzz

TheKid24

I don't think so. My friend was out to dinner with a bunch of friends and tested positive two days later. Overall I think I'm fine based off the fact she and I both had masks on and she walks by me not even two seconds on and off. Didn't cough or sneeze in my direction.

sbdriver1

I'm on a ventilator should I still come to work. LOL

TheKid24