Brothers or Rats?

Started by PROUD MEMBER, February 24, 2016, 01:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

When pulling out of the AK yard this morning and approaching the gate to make a right there was a bus coming down AK road apparently from Sharrots that stopped to let me & the bus ahead of me out. When I got to the gate at the same time the shuttle van was trying to make a left into the yard. Me already being in between the gate opening had to make a split decision. Either stop and back up or speed up a LITTLE and continue my turn. NO BIG DEAL for any of us professional drivers. I choose the safer thing to do was continue the turn. Some who saw it may have perceived it as reckless which is understandable. Believe me it wasn't! The other option of backing up at the main gate or hesitating and letting the van hit me head on was definitely more dangerous. To get to my point. When I witness another Member doing something wrong I do one of three things.
1. Don't say a word.
2. Approach that Member personally.
3. Tell the Shop Steward.
I DO NOT TELL THE OFFICE!!!
Well this morning within 3 minutes of this happening 3 Members told Tommy what they saw as a maniac driver. The point is whether a maniac or not YOU DONT RAT ON A FELLOW MEMBER!

LMR

Seems to me ,you did the obvious thing.You proceeded to complete your turn,thus clearing the entrance into the yard.Why would anyone regard this as reckless?Theres only room for ONE bus at a time to pass through the gate.Stop the wining and try patience and courtesy.Oh yeah  and be a RAT SCUMMER.

Eucerin

But your turn did it keep you off the grass island? LOL

yabba

proud member you did the right thing...dont let the non brotherhood get to you....times have changed for the worst,they are dug in deep and it will never go back to watching each others back....

Buzz

First of all, with all the buses exiting the yard in the morning, the shuttle, although necessary, is a nuisance. It often holds up traffic on Arthur Kill waiting to turn into the yard, as well as backing up buses in the yard. He should definitely use the other gate!

But, RATS? At Pioneer? Nahhhhh ...

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

John Eadicicco

Many, many drivers have lost their jobs at Pioneer because of info from other drivers to the office. I was chatting with another driver who happens to be a female and she told me she has never seen a garage with so many pussies in her life. I absolutely have to agree with this statement. What a shame, I remember when this place was just the opposite!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on February 24, 2016, 01:24:22 PM
When I witness another Member doing something wrong I do one of three things.
1. Don't say a word.
2. Approach that Member personally.
3. Tell the Shop Steward.
I DO NOT TELL THE OFFICE!!!

BTW, you're exactly right about that. (You could also add, "Don't say it over the radio.") But if you see somebody doing something that could get them in trouble (or worse) you're doing them a favor to call it to their attention ... either yourself, or through Ernie or Andy.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

LMR

That would be true if you truly had your fellow workers bestingerest.Instead you have a lot of ass kissers looking to make points for themselves at another's expense.It ain't going to change so just be sure to do right and cover your own ass.Its a sad commentary concerning this place.PS I would love to know the names of the four rats who started this

J.T.

Rat bastards so sad not like it used to be .