Let our Union Leaders LEAD!

Started by Buzz, January 31, 2013, 03:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I understand and experience the same fear, frustration and uncertainty as most of you. But understand that we must stand united and stand strong or we will have defeated ourselves. Let's not try to second guess our leaders. They know all too well that they have the fate of 8,000 people and their families in their hands and the stress and pressure of our situation is weighing on them heavily during the 12 to 15 hours per day they have been putting in during the strike.

Michael is co-strategizing every aspect of the strike with Larry Hanley. There is no better negotiator than Larry. They are collaborating with the AFL-CIO as well as the Central Labor Council. Michael conducted a telephone "town-hall" meeting with parents in Brooklyn last night, 94% of whom were in favor of us. (Overall surveys show that 75% of parents support us.)

At The Zoo - The mayor will be at the zoo Saturday for Ground Hog Day. Drivers, matrons and parents will be there demonstrating from 6:00 in the morning. The mayor is due at 7:00. Anybody is welcome to participate ... be at the zoo at 6.

Also on Saturday - One or 2 busloads of school bus drivers from Boston will be at Pioneer in the Bronx and Reliant at 10 a.m. From there they will meet up with the parent group "PIST" and form a caravan around Gracie Mansion between 12 and 2.

There will be more demonstrations and news conferences in the near future which have not been firmed up yet. Every day more and more parents, politicians and unions are coming forward with their support. Our union leaders are working tirelessly to make these things happen and are making every attempt to have us back to work in February. Let's back them and not undermine their efforts, and above all stand united and stand strong!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WTF

dunghue

thanks Buzz for the info i will be there and greeting the jerk mayor  >:( >:( :bomb: :bomb:

wizardsi

WILL DO BUZZ WE WILL ALL STAND TOGETHER...

Stugots

We have to be strong.  We are not the only union that has gone on strike. The Union is only as strong as our members.  I can't believe that some people want to give up.  Let our union Leaders Lead.  This isn't over yet. 

Kramer

Stugots

I heard this morning that there was another news conference scheduled from 1181.  Is this true?