To All 1181 Members

Started by Ernie, February 04, 2013, 01:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

As you all know the NLRB has ruled that our strike is legal and binding. This was one of the big messages we were waiting for. And the next and most important one is to show proof that the Mayor should sit at the table with the union and contractors. It is well known they tried to take a back seat in the negotiation by continuously denying that they are not part of this strike or negotiation. There are two simple words that indeed puts Capt Bloomy & his first mate Walcott at the table with the union and contractors. Those words are *PENSION LIABILITY* As we know the contractors do not pay for the pension and welfare of our attendants. The department of education does. So that indeed puts them at the negotiating table. We needed to show proof to our politicians that our strike was legal. Well now they have it. We are beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel. At first it was a glimmer and now the light is shinning much brighter.

The attorney's have informed the union with an informational letter, stating the very fact of Pension Liability. They will now take this motion to higher levels, and prove that the BOE pays for their pension and welfare.
        I return tomorrow and I am sure I will have more updates for you. As I always say please stay strong and diligent and we will prevail.
God Bless You all
Ernie.

Buzz

Pension Liability also means the city stands to lose millions of dollars if there is a mass exodus due to 1181 contracts lost. This would nullify any perceived cost savings by hiring lesser-salaried employees.

I'm sure Bloomy is aware of this and it further reinforces what I've said all along ... it's not so much about the money as it is about power, control and a small man's complex.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.