1181 Telephone Town Hall Meeting

Started by Buzz, February 03, 2013, 11:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

If you didn't get the call about the telephone town hall meeting tomorrow (Monday) with Larry Hanley and Michael Cordiello, call in at 7:00 p.m. Monday to join in. The number is 855-269-4484.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

rc1790

Did not receive a call and could not get through with the number for an hour. Can someone give a summary or update on what went on.

Buzz

The biggest news was marching across the Brooklyn Bridge on Sunday. Meeting at Cadmen Plaza ... if he said the time I didn't catch it. Anybody?

Also talked about the support we're gaining from politicians and other unions. Working with nurses union to get us free medical attention. They fielded questions from listeners, most of which have been asked and answered a dozen times before tonight. Look for a full page ad in the Daily News, El Diario and some other paper by Thursday.

Too bad you missed it ... very well done.

faceit

oh and rc1790 our owner voted against our medical

yabba

also stated the EPP was only for the 1979 contract (3 year contract) and basically the EPP is legal but the city doesnt have to include it in the bids..so basically we cant fight it in court .so basically from my understanding we got a scumbrg mayor who read the fine print and is jumping all over it...
my question is what happenes after next monday when the new bidders come back to the city with there bids.what more can we do at that point?   

Eucerin

Quote from: yabba on February 05, 2013, 02:24:37 AM
also stated the EPP was only for the 1979 contract (3 year contract) and basically the EPP is legal but the city doesnt have to include it in the bids..so basically we cant fight it in court .so basically from my understanding we got a scumbrg mayor who read the fine print and is jumping all over it...
my question is what happenes after next monday when the new bidders come back to the city with there bids.what more can we do at that point?
PUNT

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on February 05, 2013, 02:01:51 AM
Did not receive a call and could not get through with the number for an hour. Can someone give a summary or update on what went on.

Michael also said that the issue of the health coverage will be brought to arbitration. (Didn't say how long that would take.)

Have to say both Michael and Larry sounded very good and exuded confidence that we will get through this successfully.

Rock Steady

I got the call but then it dropped me and said I needed to call the #, then I couldn't get back in !