Latest letter from Pioneer

Started by Buzz, February 08, 2013, 01:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

For those of you who are not on Pioneer's e-mail list, here's what we'll be talking about tomorrow ... http://1181drivers.com/PioneerLetter_2.7.13.pdf
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

i support 1181 and support our purpose of this strike,but i also agree with neil 10000%..this man and his father has employed me for many years and he deserves respect from us cause him and his father has always respected us...i dont hold having no benefits against him,he has no choice by voting the way he did ,come on if he voted in favor of us what do you think the mayor would have done...when this strike is over i want to be able to walk back to my bus that says pioneer on it,not walk in and have neil tell us mayor scuberg took pioneer contract away for no trying to stick to his contract...there is a lot of tension and differnce of opions on the strike line as time goes on,lets try to think rationally and not out of anger and tension we are all feeling as the days go on...

1union

Pioneer has been a great place and still is.I too been here many years and love it but its a shame and a disgrace what he did.He passed out union busting flyers as soon as ernie wasnt around,he voted against our benefits to try and break us,he hired the most hated driver to be manager so when he got fines he would recoop his losses by having his pupet nail drivers for nonsense.Its a shame that union and company cant work togather and stop the bullshit inspectors from the city.Thats why we need to do whats best for1181and its families.He cant hold a candle to his dad but lets hope he comes to his senses and works a little better for his employees who made him and his family millions.I will contnue to do my job the best i can and make the union proud but will not forget!  GoD BLESS 1181 and its families with no benefits.

faceit

Quote from: yabba on February 08, 2013, 04:24:24 AM
i support 1181 and support our purpose of this strike,but i also agree with neil 10000%..this man and his father has employed me for many years and he deserves respect from us cause him and his father has always respected us...i dont hold having no benefits against him,he has no choice by voting the way he did ,come on if he voted in favor of us what do you think the mayor would have done...when this strike is over i want to be able to walk back to my bus that says pioneer on it,not walk in and have neil tell us mayor scuberg took pioneer contract away for no trying to stick to his contract...there is a lot of tension and differnce of opions on the strike line as time goes on,lets try to think rationally and not out of anger and tension we are all feeling as the days go on...
Yabba his contract with the city has NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR BENEFITS, so to worry about SCUMBERG, means he dont care about us.. Open your eyes

Buzz

Once there's a strike, the "battle lines" are drawn, so to speak. Even though we're not striking against Pioneer it does become somewhat of an "us vs. them" scenario. The EPP is just as good for the contractors as it is for us but the Sword of Bloomberg hangs over their heads. Being under a contract that he threatens them with losing, they have to make every effort to at least try to fulfill their obligations. Stopping benefits is a dirty tactic and I don't agree with it, but I could see it serving the purpose of showing the Evil Dictator they're doing their best to coerce us to go back to work. I don't think Neil wants to hurt or alienate any of us, but the wrath of Bloomberg could devastate him and us even more permanently than being without health coverage.

GMC JOE

Buzz I agree  but smiley another story  >:(
In God We Trust

faceit

maybe Buzz but we are human beings not animals

terminator

Buzz...you are right that Neil has to 'play the game' to keep his contract - but he is doing that by attempting to hire SCAB drivers and sending us letters to come back to work. But I think he could have voted against stopping medical benefits and still be "playing the game". He could have said they are all still my employees and I want to do the right thing for them and their familes.

Buzz

Quote from: terminator on February 10, 2013, 01:16:55 AMHe could have said they are all still my employees and I want to do the right thing for them and their familes.

I understand what you're saying, but truthfully  ... does Bloomberg really sound like he gives a shit about us and would accept that from Neil as an excuse?

terminator

To answer you Buzz...probably not