Scab workers become permanent

Started by Buzz, February 20, 2013, 07:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I'm hearing that the scab workers hired at several companies are permanent replacements and they're not taking their 1181 employees back ... either some or all, depending how many were replaced. Reliant is the biggest of these ... the figures I've heard are between 179 and 300 drivers/matrons who have been "replaced" there.

I honestly feel ... the longer we stayed out, the more of us would have been replaced around the city. Time was right to go back IMHO.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

This afternoon another driver told me he heard that 1181 Reliant employees were subsequently rehired. Haven't been able to substantiate either story, so if anybody finds anything concrete please post it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Kramer

In todays Post it says owner of JaFaz let go of 100 matrons that stood with us on the strike. He said due to lack of work, they say he's full of shit.
If I knew how to put the link from the paper I would. :perplexed:

mirrorcheck

I find it hard to believe a company can fire you,not let you formally know via a letter your status and not let you protect yourself and file for unemployment. If thats what happened here I am sure these companies wont get away with it and have a good case here.  :bomb:
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.