About this "No Bus Service" Stuff

Started by Buzz, March 06, 2013, 03:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Some of us who get calendars from non-public schools are wondering why they're not getting bus service on some of the days they're open during public school Easter vacation. Some have suggested that Pioneer doesn't want to give them the buses so they don't have to pay us double days. It's nothing that diabolical, folks, and Pioneer doesn't have that authority.

According to state law, non-public schools in NYC, (and only NYC), can choose 5 public school holidays per school year to have service. If they do not have service on some of the Easter vacation days, it's either because they are saving the day(s) for other holidays or have already used up their 5 days.

Enjoy the extra day(s) off!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: Buzz on March 06, 2013, 03:25:14 AM
Some have suggested that Pioneer doesn't want to give them the buses so they don't have to pay us double days.

Should have mentioned ... we don't get paid double for working Easter vacation anyway.  :crying:

yabba

we usually get paid a day for each day we work on christmas and easter..is that still in effect..

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on March 09, 2013, 12:28:34 PM
we usually get paid a day for each day we work on christmas and easter..is that still in effect..

Yes, but just a day's pay ... not a double day like President's week (except this year for whatever reason),  or other PS holidays.

hognol

Will the boss be paying us for Easter break? 

yabba

im confused we never got  a double day...we all get our accured check and then you get paid for the days you work....thats the way it has always been..same thing with fuel week but that week is not an accured check...

Buzz

Sorry for the confusion, yabba ... guess I shouldn't be calling it a "double" day. It's an additional day's pay ... whether it's a paid week, (Presidents week), or accrual week, (Christmas, Easter), you get a day's pay for each day you work during a holiday week.

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on March 09, 2013, 03:56:43 PM
Will the boss be paying us for Easter break?

Well, let's say we're supposed to get an accrual check ....  :shrug: