accrual checks

Started by Eucerin, July 24, 2020, 08:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

NOT WANTING TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE, but  "accrual checks" I know this topic has been brought up one too many times, but is this a dead issue? Do we just proceed and continue to wait for it to be consider to be paid!

faceit

You're absolutely not beating a dead horse I don't understand why the union is not pushing this issue it is our money we want it and we need it now!!!!
All lives matter

wheresmymoney!

Yes this is the time we need it most....do they feel like were not returning to work anytime soon so its not a priority. 

Hammer2161

Not beating a dead horse at all. But unfortunately I don't think we are going to see that money or the opt out until he gets paid from the city. This surely does suck just wish the union would tell us something on this matter either way.

LMAO

Just remember any check they issue us at this time they and you must claim which I'm pretty sure cancels out unemployment that week .just have to wait

Buzz

Quote from: LMAO on July 25, 2020, 02:51:15 AM
Just remember any check they issue us at this time they and you must claim which I'm pretty sure cancels out unemployment that week .just have to wait

I'm pretty sure they can get around that.

How are your tomatoes doing?  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

Just saw on the news that Congress denied the unemployment stimulus extension bcz they think it deters ppl from returning to work. Which is ridiculous! August is gonna be a tough month especially if theres a waiting week! And no accrual check to help us. I for one held onto it for summer months.  I hope im wrong abt the waiting week. And theyre still going to waive it.  Have to open new claim mid month.

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on July 25, 2020, 12:58:27 PM
Just saw on the news that Congress denied the unemployment stimulus extension bcz they think it deters ppl from returning to work. Which is ridiculous! August is gonna be a tough month especially if theres a waiting week! And no accrual check to help us. I for one held onto it for summer months.  I hope im wrong abt the waiting week. And theyre still going to waive it.  Have to open new claim mid month.

According to the message on their website the waiting week is still waived.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

According to the email everyone should have received from the NY State Dept. of Labor there should be no waiting week or need to re-apply unless you have exhausted the 59 weeks or " They Tell You To Do So ".

yabba

Quote from: Hammer2161 on July 26, 2020, 03:55:32 PM
According to the email everyone should have received from the NY State Dept. of Labor there should be no waiting week or need to re-apply unless you have exhausted the 59 weeks or " They Tell You To Do So ".

i think most of us have to open a new claim,cause at this point noone claim has exhausted the normal 26 weeks,we are just running out of time on the yearly claim (benefit year end date)...if we dont go back to work then we will all be exhausting the 26 week period in our new claims..   

Hammer2161

Yabba, that is not what the email is telling you to do but you do what's best for you. There are 2 extensions in place and they are saying to just continue to
NYS DOL BANNER
Dear Claimant,

We are writing to remind you that, under current Federal law and US DOL guidelines, this is the last benefit week for $600 Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) payments in New York. That means when you submit your weekly certification between Sunday 7/26 and Saturday 8/1, you will be certifying for your final week of FPUC.

This may change if Congress takes action to extend Americans' unemployment benefits, and we will advise you of any changes.

In addition, we want to remind you about two recent benefit extensions: 

Traditional Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits are now extended for up to 59 weeks: Traditional UI lasts for 26 weeks in New York, and has been extended by both the Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program, which adds 13 weeks, and the Extended Benefits (EB) program, which adds an additional 20 weeks.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) benefits are now extended for up to 46 weeks: Under Federal law, those receiving Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) are not eligible for PEUC or EB, but are now eligible for up to 46 weeks of benefits in New York – up from the original 39 weeks.
In order to continue receiving your UI or PUA benefits, you must continue to certify every week. There is no need to reapply or contact the NYS DOL, unless you are told to do so. New Yorkers can certify online at labor.ny.gov/signin or on the phone by calling 1-888-581-5812 (for UI) or 1-833-324-0366 (for PUA).

To learn more about extended benefits, visit our PEUC and EB FAQs.   

Thank you,

NYS Department of Labor

There is a copy of the email I would assume everyone received.

Hammer2161

What I would advise everyone who has to open a new book to do is log on to the unemployment site the Sunday after your claim ends and try to certify. If it allows you to certify for that week just continue to do so until you are instructed to do so or the site fails to allow you to certify. I would not wait or attempt to open a new claim unless THEY TELL YOU TO DO SO as stated in that email. You may further complicate the entire process by attempting to open a new claim which may put you entire account on hold until they sort it out. Which could possibly prevent you from receiving payments. Good Luck

hideout

My BYE(benefit year ended) last Sunday,7-19-20. On Monday, 7-20-20, I opened a new book and received a confirmation #. I also got a message in my account from the Dept. of Labor which stated to begin to claim starting Sunday 7-26-20 and each week thereafter. I also called unemployment on Tuesday and a rep. said everything looked good and to claim starting Sunday. Well tried to certify for benefits today and it is telling me that I have a break in claim and haven't claimed benefits since 5-3-20 is that because you worked YES or NO. I can't answer that question since I have been claiming benefits, like all of us , every week since we have been fur-lowed. I will call unemployment Monday and see if I can get this straightened out. Good luck to all when opening a new book.   

hognol

Quote from: hideout on July 26, 2020, 04:42:11 PM
    My BYE(benefit year ended) last Sunday,7-19-20. On Monday, 7-20-20, I opened a new book and received a confirmation #. I also got a message in my account from the Dept. of Labor which stated to begin to claim starting Sunday 7-26-20 and each week thereafter. I also called unemployment on Tuesday and a rep. said everything looked good and to claim starting Sunday. Well tried to certify for benefits today and it is telling me that I have a break in claim and haven't claimed benefits since 5-3-20 is that because you worked YES or NO. I can't answer that question since I have been claiming benefits, like all of us , every week since we have been fur-lowed. I will call unemployment Monday and see if I can get this straightened out. Good luck to all when opening a new book.

Please let us know what happens.

hideout

update on opening my new book. Tried calling unemployment 3x this morning about my problems in opening a new book last week and can't get through. Do to volume it tell's you to try later. I also sent an email and am waiting a response. Good luck to all when opening a new book. I post updates as they come about.