Your School is Closed? Report Anyway!

Started by Buzz, November 12, 2020, 11:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

It's is the advice of the union ... and is posted in the window ... that EVERY driver and matron must report to work EVERY day, even if your school is closed.

A Bronx driver was recently suspended for 4 days for not doing so. He could have been fired. It's considered "Theft of Service."

Word to the wise.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Thanks Buzz
I'm glad you brought that point up about every employee must report regardless if the schools are open or closed. Which I would interpret that even a "new hire" (who is not on a 39 week guarantee) has to get paid for that day even though technically didn't work.

Buzz

If you report, you get paid. However, you should TAKE YOUR BUS OUT. The guy in the Bronx had no defense when the GPS log showed that his bus sat in the yard all day.

Take your bus out unless you are specifically told you don't have to ... and you'd better hope whoever told you that backs you up if the shit hits the fan.

LMR

How many times do we have to say it.The offiice announced it over radio and it's posted on the "window".You show up for work until told otherwise!!😳😕

Buzz

Quote from: Buzz on November 12, 2020, 11:42:07 AM
If you report, you get paid. However, you should TAKE YOUR BUS OUT. The guy in the Bronx had no defense when the GPS log showed that his bus sat in the yard all day.

Take your bus out unless you are specifically told you don't have to ... and you'd better hope whoever told you that backs you up if the shit hits the fan.

I should qualify this by saying if you're a 2013 and on hiree and are TOLD NOT to report, you will not be paid for the day. If you fit the earnings threshold for the week you can get unemployment.