$300 Extra UI in Jeopardy

Started by Buzz, December 11, 2020, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

So, give $600 to people who may not even need it when you know people out of work surely do? WTF???

"The Trump administration is back in the middle of the negotiations with a $916 billion plan. It would send a $600 direct payment to most Americans but eliminate a $300-per-week employment benefit favored by the bipartisan group of Senate negotiators."

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2020/12/10/trumps-chief-virus-aid-negotiator-sees-lot-progress/?fbclid=IwAR0mb5dq_E3iHdAptHvq3AyzHo27zAKygs6mYy3pdRUE85zre9M-u1Ns8j0
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Makes a lot of sense to me NOTTTTTT !!!!
They need to all check their damn fucking egos and think about the people that are about to totally run out of money. It's truly that simple people are about to go homeless and hungry. As a country we need to help all of them.

yabba

im afraid to say this will be the end of the republican party...im totally disgusted with both parties... i was against Biden,but at this rate we just have to give him a chance and hope for the best...

yabba

and 500.00 a kid to the parents...meanwhile NYC has to buy 100s of thousand laptops and ipads for remote learning...maybe the parents should  use the stimulus money for their kids.... 

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 11, 2020, 06:00:35 PM
.. i was against Biden,but at this rate we just have to give him a chance and hope for the best...

Seriously? Give him a chance to what? Destroy this country and all the good Trump did in his 4 years? No thanks.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on December 11, 2020, 07:22:18 PM
Quote from: yabba on December 11, 2020, 06:00:35 PM
.. i was against Biden,but at this rate we just have to give him a chance and hope for the best...

Seriously? Give him a chance to what? Destroy this country and all the good Trump did in his 4 years? No thanks.

do we have much of a choice.... i i have been a trump supported from day 1 ,now its over there is nothing we can do... i have not been a fan of Mitch throughout this pandemic,and it looks like again he is going to kill the 300. UE increase,with the Whitehouse support..this very well could be a lifeline for us again soon...

Hammer2161

Right now Mitch McConnell has to much power and he is flexing his muscles in lieu of the fact that he could lose control of the senate on January 5th.

Both sides need to stop worrying about their own political agendas and start worrying about what we need as individuals and as a country. As a whole the country is to divisive and that needs to be addressed and right now it's our government that is failing us. They can say the unemployment numbers have dropped but is that because people found work or because their unemployment ran out and they just simply are not working or collecting.

yabba

Quote from: Hammer2161 on December 12, 2020, 03:26:58 PM
Right now Mitch McConnell has to much power and he is flexing his muscles in lieu of the fact that he could lose control of the senate on January 5th.

Both sides need to stop worrying about their own political agendas and start worrying about what we need as individuals and as a country. As a whole the country is to divisive and that needs to be addressed and right now it's our government that is failing us. They can say the unemployment numbers have dropped but is that because people found work or because their unemployment ran out and they just simply are not working or collecting.

exactly   well said....  i never understood the part about the extra UE not making people go back to work...i know us bus drivers, they can give us 2000.00 a week extra,bottom line when contractors call us back we have to go or lose the UE all together... i understand if your job is gone for good yes you could sit on your ass ,so to say.... but then again generation after generation live off welfare without a threat of losing their benefits...  eventually UE will cut the ones who arent looking for employment off

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 12, 2020, 04:22:34 PM
....  i never understood the part about the extra UE not making people go back to work...

That's from politicians and other talking heads that were never on unemployment.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on December 12, 2020, 04:58:02 PM
Quote from: yabba on December 12, 2020, 04:22:34 PM
....  i never understood the part about the extra UE not making people go back to work...

That's from politicians and other talking heads that were never on unemployment.

:thumbup: :thumbup: