$460 Violation for ________ ?

Started by Buzz, December 13, 2022, 03:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Caught part of a static-riddled message this morning. A $460 violation for ... what? What did he say?

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Kid24

Doing your job right? Lol

Btw heard at least 2-3 drivers over the radio doing an inspection before leaving the yard 🤦🏻‍♂️ cold bus

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on December 13, 2022, 03:13:13 PMCaught part of a static-riddled message this morning. A $460 violation for ... what? What did he say?

🤯$460 I don't even make that in a week

Slowbus

Quote from: Kid24 on December 13, 2022, 05:40:21 PMDoing your job right? Lol

Btw heard at least 2-3 drivers over the radio doing an inspection before leaving the yard 🤦🏻‍♂️ cold bus
getting inspected with a cold bus is like asking for a violation

Kid24

I mean I could understand if a violation was 20 dollars some were maybe 50-75 at most but these 200-460 ones are ridiculous especially for
Some that aren't in control of the bus driver. Rust on the bus? The bus is 10-15 years old of course theres gonna be rust lol. They expect you to work for free

Buzz

Well, you should "write up" things like rust and you'll never be responsible but really, if I was ever going to have to get inspected with a spare bus I think I'd call in sick for the day. One violation would wipe out the day's take-home. I don't know where they get these numbers for these violations. Then OPT wonders what to do to get more drivers. They don't have a clue.

Buzz

Quote🤯$460 I don't even make that in a week

That's the sad part!!

And you're right ... get inspected before the a.m. run and you deserve the violation. Just plain dumb ... yeah, even if you have a trip ... COME BACK!

Manwithabus

Buzz

QuoteWhat was the $460 violation for?

I'm still trying to find out.

Anybody?

(I remember during COVID the fine was $460 for not wearing a mask ... fucking ridiculous ... but I don't know what the announcement the other day was about.)

Kid24

It's all bullshit at the end of the day

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on December 15, 2022, 02:09:15 AM
QuoteWhat was the $460 violation for?

I'm still trying to find out.

Anybody?

(I remember during COVID the fine was $460 for not wearing a mask ... fucking ridiculous ... but I don't know what the announcement the other day was about.)
🤔maybe opt is not aware of how much money we make

Buzz

Spoke to Carmine and he gave the example of the fire extinguisher being in the red or not properly mounted as being a $460 fine. He said fines are either $230 or $460.

He had made up a checklist which should cover just about everything a driver could be held responsible (assuming after morning run). If you do everything on the list and still get a violation, he will pay it for you!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  (I joke, I JOKE!!) These are available in the bins in the drivers room.

Insp checklist.jpg