!!! STRIKE VOTE Tuesday, June 13 !!!

Started by Buzz, May 31, 2023, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

What happens if the majority of the rank and file vote NO for a strike?
Can the leaders still call a strike?

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 01, 2023, 08:28:24 PMWhat happens if the majority of the rank and file vote NO for a strike?

I think the yes will out number the no. Remember it's union wide so that includes other companies too and from what I know IC out numbers senior guys and at our company I ain't sure BUT I do know a lot of people on the new contract are fed up and want what's due to them since 2013. I personally think they will get the votes for the strike. I don't think it will actually come down to a strike. Of course the old contract people will vote no but the new contract people know it's now our time to get at least guaranteed weeks or top pay cut in half. These things always go to the 11th hour, could even go as far as august nothing being agreed on even with a strike vote

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 01, 2023, 08:28:24 PMWhat happens if the majority of the rank and file vote NO for a strike?
NO!!! A "Yes" vote by the majority of members is the only way a strike can be authorized. It's not up to the union leadership. That's the purpose of the vote.

But of course, the local would have no choice but to present to us whatever shit contract was offered for ratification. We'd have to accept it or, I assume,  have another strike vote.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: Bussin4Livin on June 01, 2023, 11:24:44 PMI think the yes will out number the no. Remember it's union wide so that includes other companies too and from what I know IC out numbers senior guys and at our company I ain't sure BUT I do know a lot of people on the new contract are fed up and want what's due to them since 2013. I personally think they will get the votes for the strike. I don't think it will actually come down to a strike. Of course the old contract people will vote no but the new contract people know it's now our time to get at least guaranteed weeks or top pay cut in half. These things always go to the 11th hour, could even go as far as august nothing being agreed on even with a strike vote

The union overall has more people hired since 2013 than senior drivers. I think most, if not all, would vote in favor of a strike.

I wouldn't be too sure about old contract people voting no. I wouldn't. You guys got it up the ass and I think we should stick together on this ... just my opinion.

I don't think anything will be settled over the summer. Time will tell. If there is a strike, at least this time it will be for the right reason ... not like the last fiasco.

mirrorcheck

Look we can have an honest conversation and I agree it won't . That's what's holding is back . Again go on offense . We aren't helping ourselves we are hurting ourselves , "Penny wise Dollar Foolish ".
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

PROUD MEMBER

Speaking of Pennies
Why is there pennies in the urinals in the men's bathroom

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 02, 2023, 05:39:08 PMSpeaking of Pennies
Wishing well?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: Buzz on June 02, 2023, 07:29:25 PM
Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 02, 2023, 05:39:08 PMSpeaking of Pennies
Wishing well?  ;D  ;D  ;D

What the owner thinks we are worth......

Buzz

Our two delegates, John and Anthony, were at the yard yesterday for hearings and I had the chance to talk to them a while.

They said that strike money from the International and local is paid AS OF the first week, not after 1 week.

According to them, the amount from the International is $300 and at least $200 from 1181. If you claim unemployment after 2 weeks a new guy is making more on strike than working!