School opening delayed to Sept. 21

Started by WigWag, September 01, 2020, 05:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OMG

At least if these 50 things are taken care of the teachers will feel safe. What happened to the proposal do you need submitted about our safety? When our runs come down on Thursday will our vehicles be ready to step into? We have 16 days can all that be done in 16 days? Our issues don't seem to be very important, other than the proposal being sent to us and handed to either the Owners or OPT, what happened to it, is anything going to be done to ensure our safety. As far as I'm concerned the UFC is on the ball and looking out for its members

WigWag16

Quote from: OMG on September 02, 2020, 05:19:50 PM
At least if these 50 things are taken care of the teachers will feel safe. What happened to the proposal do you need submitted about our safety? When our runs come down on Thursday will our vehicles be ready to step into? We have 16 days can all that be done in 16 days? Our issues don't seem to be very important, other than the proposal being sent to us and handed to either the Owners or OPT, what happened to it, is anything going to be done to ensure our safety. As far as I'm concerned the UFC is on the ball and looking out for its members

I have a feeling it's going to be here's your gloves, mask and can of Lysol....that's it no screen protector or anything like that. We don't have a leg to stand on because we are furloughed. But like you said what happened to all of our proposals/demands to make us safe

OMG

Wouldn't it be great if Our Union grew a pair of balls, and after the Runs go into the hands of the contractors, the union says we're not rolling until these Issues are fixed and some safety protocols Are put into place?  It cannot be possible that all they do is hand us gloves and a mask, well restaurants in New York are still closed, every store has plexiglass between the customer and the cashier, glass between the drivers And the dispatcher's, etc: And the list could go on and on. Nobody is talking about this, yes I am dying to go back to work, but I don't wanna die at work.

Hammer2161

I respect that stance OMG and I have thought the same on many occasions.
Just remember this if school starts up and the buses don't roll that could be deemed a strike and as we all know only to well we can not apply for unemployment if that happens.
While I agree with you I believe far to many can not afford to have that happen.

Can we say STUCK BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE !!!!

Buzz

The city could give a shit less what the union wants and the union is not going to tell us not to go back to work. There are too many people willing to go back to work no matter what so those of us with real concerns are screwed.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on September 01, 2020, 11:57:01 PM
Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 01, 2020, 09:27:53 PM
I am sorry but I can't see a scenario where senior workers would be left on unemployment while junior drivers work.

I'm not so sure about that. Some years ago I went back to work a full week earlier than many drivers with more seniority while they remained on unemployment because that's when my school opened.

We see it every September ... though the difference is usually only a day or two.

Don't know that it would be an different now, especially since there's no pick.

i remember the asbestos year when public went back a few weeks late in sept,the differnce was we had 40 week gaurantee and we all got paid...do we have a 39 week gaurantee this year...

OMG

Gorilla glue, duct tape, shower curtain, doesn't take 6 months, it's something, it's an effort, it's showing concern

hideout

Agree when are we going to hear something about safety protocol  for US!!!

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 02, 2020, 02:00:25 AM
... I believe as of now catholic schools are going back on September 16th. ...

I've "heard" that too but can find nothing in print. According to this calendar and several school websites I checked, they're opening on the 9th.

https://catholicschoolsny.org/elementary/elementary-calendar/

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on September 02, 2020, 07:24:17 PM
Gorilla glue, duct tape, shower curtain, doesn't take 6 months, it's something, it's an effort, it's showing concern

Things to be considered: vision impairment, flammability and if a solid barrier, shattering in a crash.

Buzz

Quote from: hideout on September 02, 2020, 07:50:19 PM
     Agree when are we going to hear something about safety protocol  for US!!!

Safety Protocols:

1) Here's your mask
2) Here's your gloves
2) Here's your Lysol
4) Here's your piece of paper on which to write your next of kin.   @#$% @#$% @#$%

yabba

#4 a sharpie and write it on our arm like they do down south...  :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

OMG

Nothings going to be in front of us to block us from seeing through a windshield, last safety meeting Owen said don't even bother looking in your overhead mirror because it takes your eyes off the road, we have fire extinguishers. Plexiglass can be tempered just like your windshield to keep it from breaking into big sharp pieces.DLM (Drivers Lives Matter) lol.  I don't want to hear about safety bullshit, let me hear something put in place to keep us safe, the MTA had passengers boarding from the rear door, then they put plexiglass around the drivers. I don't wanna hear excuses, they mean nothing to me, It's just an excuse. I want to see action. There's a lot of things being put in place for safety, except for when it's about us.