Early a.m. Fuel cut-off time?

Started by Buzz, October 29, 2020, 04:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Got on fuel line 7:20 this morning (first school is closed) behind the friggin' DEF truck. Took him 20 minutes to fill up the tank. (God forbid they should use the other fuel pump ... 2 buses behind me.) He leaves, I pull up to the pump, it's 7:40. Wait a few minutes ... no fueler.

Call on the radio 3 times for 1200 to send out a fueler. The 3rd time somebody ... don't know who ... says "They don't fuel this early." WTF??? Is this true? Is this a thing?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

steady

I never request 1200 to get a fueler.  The only person I know who'll get a fueler is myself.  I walk over a find one.  A lot quicker and reliable.

faceit

Nothing the shop does surprises my..
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: steady on October 29, 2020, 04:54:32 PM
I never request 1200 to get a fueler.  The only person I know who'll get a fueler is myself.  I walk over a find one.  A lot quicker and reliable.

Actually, the guy in the van behind me went to the shop door and they told him he'd be right out. Never came.

Hammer2161

Much to your surprise and dismay Buzz but it was Carmine who gave you that answer on the radio. I don't totally understand it at all I thought there was supposed to be fueler available at all times. Guess that goes out the window when it's raining 🌧.

docjones

It's the kid they have fueling, he's to miserable and lazy to do his job or step out of the shed and tell you how much fuel you have!

sbdriver1

Most are miserable in the shop. the only one I like is. Eddie

sbdriver1

Quote from: Buzz on October 29, 2020, 04:29:38 PM
Got on fuel line 7:20 this morning (first school is closed) behind the friggin' DEF truck. Took him 20 minutes to fill up the tank. (God forbid they should use the other fuel pump ... 2 buses behind me.) He leaves, I pull up to the pump, it's 7:40. Wait a few minutes ... no fueler.

Call on the radio 3 times for 1200 to send out a fueler. The 3rd time somebody ... don't know who ... says "They don't fuel this early." WTF??? Is this true? Is this a thing?

That's bullshit, they fuel earlier than that!

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on October 29, 2020, 08:06:01 PM
Much to your surprise and dismay Buzz but it was Carmine who gave you that answer on the radio. I don't totally understand it at all I thought there was supposed to be fueler available at all times. Guess that goes out the window when it's raining 🌧.

Wasn't sure if it was Carmine but thought it might be. Thought they only took off for lunch between 12 and 1 and sometimes around 9:30 for a "break" ... depending on who's fueling.

It just shouldn't be so hard to get fuel. It's fundamental.

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on October 29, 2020, 11:35:30 PM
Most are miserable in the shop. the only one I like is. Eddie

Some of the guys are okay, but poor Eddie ... they abuse that guy. But he takes it all in stride and just keeps plodding along ... kinda like a Clydesdale.  ;D ;D ;D

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on October 29, 2020, 11:39:14 PM
Quote from: Buzz on October 29, 2020, 04:29:38 PM

That's bullshit, they fuel earlier than that!

Yeah, I think they start around 5:30 or 6 and there was a bus being fueled just ahead of the DEF truck when I pulled up. That's why I couldn't understand why there was no fueler after he left. And as I said ... could have used the other pump, the lane was clear.

Buzz

And this "No fuel on Friday" bullshit. You can eat fuckin' meat on Friday ... but you can't get fuel!  ;D ;D ;D