Please tell me that this is a BullSh/t Rumor!!!

Started by Golfnut, November 09, 2013, 03:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golfnut

I heard today that in the new contract there is something in the about a "Wage Freeze!" If you are not at top pay your salary will be frozen Indefinately  and you won't be able to reach top pay! Also no increase in pay for people who are already at top pay which comes as no surprise ! I hope that this is just a bad rumor!

sbdriver1

Just be lucky you're not going to be fired like me and my 1181 Atlantic Express co-workers on Dec 31st.

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on November 09, 2013, 03:35:49 AM
I heard today that in the new contract there is something in the about a "Wage Freeze!" If you are not at top pay your salary will be frozen Indefinately  and you won't be able to reach top pay! Also no increase in pay for people who are already at top pay which comes as no surprise ! I hope that this is just a bad rumor!

Not quite true. As far as I know, annual (anniversary) increases will be deferred 1 year across the board. So you'll reach top pay a year later than you would have. When you hear a senior guy complain that the new contract unfairly targets them because they lose more in vacation pay, ask them if they'd like to trade places.

And as sbdriver1 said, we're all better off than AE employees if they really are going out of business.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on November 09, 2013, 01:46:18 PM
Just be lucky you're not going to be fired like me and my 1181 Atlantic Express co-workers on Dec 31st.

I hope my suspicion that this is just a ploy to avoid paying you guys your retro money is correct. If not, the runs have to go somewhere and being the existing contracts still have the EPP in them, you will probably go with them, wherever they end up.

Good luck to you and everyone else there, my friend. Please keep us posted.

Golfnut

Thanks Buzz for clarifying. I hope none of this happens. It already makes me wonder how a young person who has to support their family can do it on this salary for the first 5 years !!

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on November 10, 2013, 05:11:40 AM
Thanks Buzz for clarifying. I hope none of this happens. It already makes me wonder how a young person who has to support their family can do it on this salary for the first 5 years !!

Unless he has a city pension, his wife has to have a damn good job ... with health insurance!

sbdriver1

Thanks Buzz, I wasn't sure if the existing contracts still had the EPP in them, I'm glad you cleared that up for me. In a way I hope I do get to work for Pioneer you guys seem like a better company.

yabba

Quote from: sbdriver1 on November 10, 2013, 12:07:45 PM
Thanks Buzz, I wasn't sure if the existing contracts still had the EPP in them, I'm glad you cleared that up for me. In a way I hope I do get to work for Pioneer you guys seem like a better company.

sbdriver good luck with all the bull@hit going on in our jobs.we once were the best company but now everyone one of us are basically in the same boat,and we are all sinking fast.i myself have given up all hope ,its just too much rumors and bul$hit you hear and noone gives us a clear answer on anything,i walk away when i hear we are winning or we won...we have not be given one positive thing in the past year ,other then being up against the ropes taking body shots by GREED !!!

sbdriver1

It's been a Roller Coaster ride the past year and now it's time to get off.

hognol

Sbdriver, if you're one of the many AE drivers who crossed the picket line, please stay where the hell you are.

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on November 11, 2013, 02:19:19 AM
Sbdriver, if you're one of the many AE drivers who crossed the picket line, please stay where the hell you are.

I think he's an 1181 driver ... not S.I.

WTF

Quote from: sbdriver1 on November 09, 2013, 01:46:18 PM

Easy hongnol, He's an 1181 brother also getting fuxked! I know it was a simple mistake, the AE SI guys that crossed our line got Fuxked with their new contract too. The only difference is that they deserved it, the bastards.

sbdriver1

I'm 1181 who spent 5 weeks on the picket line like you guys. Who lost their vacation pay and had 7.5 percent taken out of their pay like you guys. I'm still paying my bills late because of the money lost and had to take money from friends and family to get back on track like some of you guys Not to mention trying to go and get Medicaid while on strike and was denied like some you guys. I hope that clarifies everything

hognol

sbdriver1

That's fine Hognol no apology necessary A lot of Pioneer guys at my school or on trips mistake me for a Staten island Bus co driver. I work for AE (Amboy) I live on Staten island and my run is on Staten Island I pull out of North street not Meredith.

John Eadicicco

I really do believe that this is just a ploy by the company (AE) to get a lot of their senior drivers to panic and put in their retirement papers. Filing chapter 11 is a reorganization of finances done by corporations all the time. It lets them adjust their finances to give them more time to restructure their liabilities, as this company has done 3 times previously! I truly hope I am close to being right as getting the plug pulled out from under your feet is a real bad way to lose your job and feed your family. Hoyt filed chapter 7 bankruptcy, which means they have no $$$$$( yeah right ) to pay the $$$ ordered by the NLRB to their employees terminated when Joe Tremini lost his bid this past June. Stay tuned!!!!!!