Contract Poll

Started by Buzz, November 20, 2013, 03:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you vote on the proposed contract

APPROVE - because it will be imposed anyway and I want my back pay NOW
13 (76.5%)
NO - and I understand this is a STRIKE vote and will not see my back pay for a long, long time
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Buzz

Let's see if we can get a read on how it's going to go.  :wave:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

I would love to know the thinking of the people who vote NO ... :shrug:

Buzz

Read over 100 times and only ONE TENTH the votes? Folks ... this is completely anonymous. There is no way for anyone ... including me ... to know who voted which way. VOTE!

buddy

to pioneer employees i am not an employee of pioneer however, i have seen and read many of the other contracts, and just recieved a copy of yours, in my opinion for any one not to accept this contract would be a great mistake, no one else in getting anything near this

Buzz

Thank you, buddy. That's why I've been saying we need to look beyond Pioneer and see what's really going on out there. Not as good as it used to be, but not nearly as bad as it could be. Thanks for posting.

bus66

If he isn't a Pioneer employee, how come he was allowed to post?

Buzz

Quote from: bus66 on November 21, 2013, 07:48:55 PM
If he isn't a Pioneer employee, how come he was allowed to post?

See upper right-hand corner of this message board .... "All ATU 1181 Members Welcome"

worker341

Well I think now we should all move forward and forget about all the bullshit stories. I think from this nite forward we should change the subject and learn how to swallow this shit contract. We all got fucked, however majority of the  people voted for it and I respect that. Thank you Ernie and Andy for doing the right thing for us all ( the contract before the pick and the voting box too and yes for the reps that came down to make sure all was fair and honest. Luck to us all.

spanishjonny

Not as bad as it could be, and, not as bad as it's going to be.

Just_Right

That was a good post worker341,Except when you say we all got fucked. I disagree with that. Look outside Pioneer.Look at the rest of the bus companies closing down shop.Or perhaps look at the 800 1181 drivers and matrons out of work.At least we survive till 2015.Then we see what happens. All we did was give up a piece of the pie.They have no pie.
I will say this,Ernie was greatly instrumental in getting us more than we had been offered.And those were the words from Eddie's mouth himself.I am very grateful that he is the person he is and that he represents us.As we all know he followed in Eddie's footsteps but on a whole,He far surpassed Eddie in his roll as Shop Steward.So thank you Ernie and I hope you don't give up on us and leave us with no one . You will always be our *go to guy* for more than just work issues.You really are tops in my book.

Buzz

Quote from: Just_Right on November 22, 2013, 03:23:10 AM
I will say this,Ernie was greatly instrumental in getting us more than we had been offered.And those were the words from Eddie's mouth himself.

I know first-hand that this is absolutely true. Michael and Eddie made greater strides in securing our contract than many people would give them credit for, but it's was Ernie's personal involvement, relentless negotiating and absolute resolve to make sure we got the absolute best deal possible. Yes we lost, but we lost a lot less than any other company ... ask the drivers of any of them.

You hear people complain about Ernie's yelling and screaming, but if there's anything bigger than his mouth, it's his heart ... and that is always where he has our best interest. He's a fighter, a competitor, and a winner ... but most of all he's a friend ... to all of us. We're lucky we have him.

terminator

Well said Buzz!...WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE ERNIE...We all know he can yell sometimes but I would yell worse if I had to deal with some of the nonsense he does! Just for example - he has said 100 times "do NOT go into the office without representation" - yet guys go in there - THEN ask Ernie to get them out of trouble!...lol! Ernie and Andy give so much of their time to help our members...They are the BEST!