Giving Back

Started by hognol, November 21, 2013, 12:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hognol

The "give back" ball has begun rolling and will continue to roll contract after contract.  I highly doubt we will ever get to where we once were, not even close for that matter.  I also think this Mayor will do absolutely nothing for us since yellow buses are rolling in the same manor but at a highly reduced rate for the City of New York.  Our only hope is to strike with 100% compliance from EVERY school bus driver, union and non-union alike.  And you know that is not going to happen, we've seen it first hand with spineless drivers from companies such as IC and AE.  I don't know how they expect to retain new hirees at the very low rates they will be earning and with poor medical coverage. This industry is going to become a revolving door for sub-standard drivers who will quit as soon as they find a job with slightly more pay.

Buzz

100% compliance with a strike? I don't think you could get 10% to go along a strike throughout the industry ... fortunately. I don't think giving back some income is as distasteful to most people as giving up their jobs. You're right about the givebacks, and if you think this is something, wait until 2015 if we don't get some form of an EPP back. Better take a look around you ... not just Pioneer. We're all part of the same marketplace and workforce. What happens to one affects all.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

worker341

How about we vote this union out which we can do and vote in another union and take our chances we have nothing to lose we already lost it all.

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on November 21, 2013, 03:06:24 AM
How about we vote this union out which we can do and vote in another union and take our chances we have nothing to lose we already lost it all.

Interesting concept. If you have knowledge of any transportation union that has done better for school bus drivers ... even now ... ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY ... please let us know.

worker341

How about twu. Mr. Hanley might do a good for us.

Stugots

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on November 21, 2013, 03:44:49 AM
How about twu. Mr. Hanley might do a good good for us.

Yeah ... the TWU put them out on the streets a few years ago just before Christmas. Lasted only a few days and they got less of a contract than they went on strike for.

BTW ... Hanley is the president of OUR International union.

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on November 21, 2013, 10:45:08 AM
Boston has the EPP

Yeah ... because their mayor didn't screw them out of it. Google "Boston School Bus Drivers" and see how much they like their union ... which, by the way is the United Steelworkers of America Local 8751.