AE loses its last appeal

Started by sbdriver1, November 28, 2013, 12:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbdriver1

AE lost its last appeal for the back pay they owe us. So from what I understand if we vote no to the shitty contract that was offered, we get our vacation pay. But we run the risk of AE going out of business and all of us going on a master list. A lot of people there are going to vote no from what I know. They're saying screw AE, Also some are saying that AE is bluffing.

John Eadicicco

Even Money says they are bluffing!

Squid

If you vote yes to the shitty contract they may still go out of business without giving you the back pay.
I say they are bluffing but that's easy to say for me I don't stand to lose anything

Stugots

To SB Driver,

I actually feel for you guys, now that we are negotiating separate contracts.  It look like u guys are on your own, just like every other company.  This hasn't been done for fifty years.  I don't see any good coming out of this.  At one time we were united as one, but according to the union this is supposed to be a good thing.  I'm very concerned about my pension and medical.  Good Luck.   

Grrr

Buzz

They may well be bluffing ... not like they haven't gone down this road before, but what would there be to gain by voting it down? They're not going to come back with a better offer so I'm not sure it would be wise to poke the hornets' nest. Sorry for the predicament you guys are in and it couldn't come at a worse time of year.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

1union

When does it stop.can't understand we are a union but my brothers and sister s have different contracts. If we do not start to take a stand then what happens next time they take more and more and then we have nothing.We should reach out to the international and let them step in because we are sinking real fast! If we fight we might keep a great job if not its going to be a job that their is no way you can support your family.We have to stop them from picking us apart.

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on December 04, 2013, 04:45:47 PM
When does it stop.can't understand we are a union but my brothers and sister s have different contracts. If we do not start to take a stand then what happens next time they take more and more and then we have nothing.We should reach out to the international and let them step in because we are sinking real fast! If we fight we might keep a great job if not its going to be a job that their is no way you can support your family.We have to stop them from picking us apart.

Bloomberg divided us by taking out the EPP on contracts. You think the International can do something about that?

Grrr

Just heard that Atlantic Express voted down their contract.  The tally was 1600 no's
                                                                                                                       300 yes's

What's next?

1union

Yes Blomberg did and we can debate reason all day but let's move forward if the plan is to give up and let the chips fall were they may but he out right owes us told if we sign 2cks and now another story. We threaten a walk out and get the press involved .look I want what is best for our union it kills me to see a great job go south. It doesn't make no sense for the city or labor board holding our money. If so please give me a # I can call to confirm !And why different contracts we all should be  one!

grimreaper

Quote from: 1union on December 04, 2013, 07:12:59 PM
Yes Blomberg did and we can debate reason all day but let's move forward if the plan is to give up and let the chips fall were they may but he out right owes us told if we sign 2cks and now another story. We threaten a walk out and get the press involved .look I want what is best for our union it kills me to see a great job go south. It doesn't make no sense for the city or labor board holding our money. If so please give me a # I can call to confirm !And why different contracts we all should be  one!
Because the owners and city know that this union is a joke and they will do as they want.

Driver222

Those numbers are not true,I heard John E say that this afternoon .And was corrected as the right numbers were 1629 no's to 281 yes's and 22 voids. We have to be careful with repeating on here.Rumors fly and take on a life of their own in the internet highway.

Golfnut

Doesn't change the result though!

Buzz

The point is, it was voted down by an overwhelming majority. Not sure what the next move by the company or the employees will be. It's unpredictable and even scary. I hope this works out well for these people.

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on December 04, 2013, 07:12:59 PM
If so please give me a # I can call to confirm !And why different contracts we all should be  one!

Ernie is going to try to get a phone number for the NLRB attorney in the case. At this point, it is definitely the NLRB that is gumming up the works. They're doing so in our best interest, but at the same time it's delaying the payout. If I get a number I'll post it so we can all call and put a flame under their asses.