AE loses its last appeal

Started by sbdriver1, November 28, 2013, 12:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbdriver1

AE lost its last appeal for the back pay they owe us. So from what I understand if we vote no to the shitty contract that was offered, we get our vacation pay. But we run the risk of AE going out of business and all of us going on a master list. A lot of people there are going to vote no from what I know. They're saying screw AE, Also some are saying that AE is bluffing.

John Eadicicco

Even Money says they are bluffing!

Squid

If you vote yes to the shitty contract they may still go out of business without giving you the back pay.
I say they are bluffing but that's easy to say for me I don't stand to lose anything

Stugots

To SB Driver,

I actually feel for you guys, now that we are negotiating separate contracts.  It look like u guys are on your own, just like every other company.  This hasn't been done for fifty years.  I don't see any good coming out of this.  At one time we were united as one, but according to the union this is supposed to be a good thing.  I'm very concerned about my pension and medical.  Good Luck.   

Grrr

Buzz

They may well be bluffing ... not like they haven't gone down this road before, but what would there be to gain by voting it down? They're not going to come back with a better offer so I'm not sure it would be wise to poke the hornets' nest. Sorry for the predicament you guys are in and it couldn't come at a worse time of year.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

1union

When does it stop.can't understand we are a union but my brothers and sister s have different contracts. If we do not start to take a stand then what happens next time they take more and more and then we have nothing.We should reach out to the international and let them step in because we are sinking real fast! If we fight we might keep a great job if not its going to be a job that their is no way you can support your family.We have to stop them from picking us apart.

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on December 04, 2013, 04:45:47 PM
When does it stop.can't understand we are a union but my brothers and sister s have different contracts. If we do not start to take a stand then what happens next time they take more and more and then we have nothing.We should reach out to the international and let them step in because we are sinking real fast! If we fight we might keep a great job if not its going to be a job that their is no way you can support your family.We have to stop them from picking us apart.

Bloomberg divided us by taking out the EPP on contracts. You think the International can do something about that?

Grrr

Just heard that Atlantic Express voted down their contract.  The tally was 1600 no's
                                                                                                                       300 yes's

What's next?

1union

Yes Blomberg did and we can debate reason all day but let's move forward if the plan is to give up and let the chips fall were they may but he out right owes us told if we sign 2cks and now another story. We threaten a walk out and get the press involved .look I want what is best for our union it kills me to see a great job go south. It doesn't make no sense for the city or labor board holding our money. If so please give me a # I can call to confirm !And why different contracts we all should be  one!

grimreaper

Quote from: 1union on December 04, 2013, 07:12:59 PM
Yes Blomberg did and we can debate reason all day but let's move forward if the plan is to give up and let the chips fall were they may but he out right owes us told if we sign 2cks and now another story. We threaten a walk out and get the press involved .look I want what is best for our union it kills me to see a great job go south. It doesn't make no sense for the city or labor board holding our money. If so please give me a # I can call to confirm !And why different contracts we all should be  one!
Because the owners and city know that this union is a joke and they will do as they want.

Driver222

Those numbers are not true,I heard John E say that this afternoon .And was corrected as the right numbers were 1629 no's to 281 yes's and 22 voids. We have to be careful with repeating on here.Rumors fly and take on a life of their own in the internet highway.

Golfnut

Doesn't change the result though!

Buzz

The point is, it was voted down by an overwhelming majority. Not sure what the next move by the company or the employees will be. It's unpredictable and even scary. I hope this works out well for these people.

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on December 04, 2013, 07:12:59 PM
If so please give me a # I can call to confirm !And why different contracts we all should be  one!

Ernie is going to try to get a phone number for the NLRB attorney in the case. At this point, it is definitely the NLRB that is gumming up the works. They're doing so in our best interest, but at the same time it's delaying the payout. If I get a number I'll post it so we can all call and put a flame under their asses.

sbdriver1

I'm hoping that AE comes up with a better proposal that we can vote on.

Grrr

We would appreciate if you could keep us posted on what's going on over there.  We're rooting for you.

1union

Thank you buzz ! But if niel wants to show good faith give us something would go a long way.

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on December 05, 2013, 01:45:26 AM
I'm hoping that AE comes up with a better proposal that we can vote on.

We are hoping that that will be the way it goes, bud.

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on December 05, 2013, 02:26:40 AM
Thank you buzz ! But if niel wants to show good faith give us something would go a long way.

We wanted him to play by the NLRB's rules when it was in our favor, why would we expect him to do differently now?

1union

My eastercheck was ready to go.he paid the mechanics.that's not the way a union should operate. we've done everything he's asked us to do since we came back from the strikebut management continues to keep playing games by treating us like s***.you have a little office boy feels he could talk to any drivers the way he wantsyou have on manager that break balls  when they come in on their own time for a 19A  nothing but how not to file compensation cases against the company. they give out buses to new guys an fuck with good senior runs just to make them miserable and hope they get fed up and leave so he can bring in new drivers for less money.Have a real hard time believing in  a union that allows this to go on.They play us against eachother. They forced this contract and said if we don't sign things will get worse and we will never see our money!That's extortion. So in my opinion no money by Fri job actions will begin  We need help from the international nothing wrong with asking for help.The lack of communication is heartbreaking .

Buzz

Again I ask ... what is it you feel that Michael is not doing that the International could possibly do? Do they have a magic bullet?

None of your complaints have anything to do with our back pay, by the way.

1union

the contracts I don't understand how all different companies can have different contracts and I do not believe they are doing what's best for our union.we all should receive the same deal everybody as one..I think we could use all the help we can our future is at stake. Ask around or take pol and let's see if its jut me and if it is just me I give you my word I will never post here again.

1union

Any luck on that #so we can confirm the delay.

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on December 05, 2013, 12:39:36 PM
the contracts I don't understand how all different companies can have different contracts and I do not believe they are doing what's best for our union.we all should receive the same deal everybody as one..I think we could use all the help we can our future is at stake. Ask around or take pol and let's see if its jut me and if it is just me I give you my word I will never post here again.

I'll try explaining it once more. This local has made INDIVIDUAL contracts with companies for decades, just not with NYC school buses. Now that the landscape has changed ... no EPP ... this is the only way 1181 can remain viable, (as well as having broken the coalition). Otherwise, 1181 would have priced themselves out of existence. If it were not this way, we would have voted on the same contract Atlantic Express was given ... or something very close. This has absolutely worked to our benefit. Regardless of how many people might agree with you, this is the way it is and the reality we have to deal with ... like it or not. It's not the 90's any more.

I'll post the NLRB phone number if and when Ernie gets it.

Stugots

The contract that we just ratified along with other companies expires June 2014 and the rest 2015.  They have the EPP in these runs.  So don't say there is no EPP.  We should stand united.  Every time you have a strike you vote to go back to work, the union just told us we had to go back.     

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on December 06, 2013, 12:11:57 AM
The contract that we just ratified along with other companies expires June 2014 and the rest 2015.  They have the EPP in these runs.  So don't say there is no EPP.     

Yes, we understand that. But the work the mayor put out for bids last year and last month does NOT have the EPP. Not sure what your point is.

1union

Its hard to understand but I understand .Spoke to Ernie and he laid it out . He said it could be today or next week but as soon as it does we will get our money.I got the # for labor board off the letter niel  gave us on 3/20/13 718-3307713 or 2122640300  Can't wait for this bullshit to be over and wish every good standing union brother or sister very happy an healthy season . Buzz in your own words cheers to you an yours!

Buzz

Thank you, 1union, and same to you.

Not sure if you have the right numbers, believe the case is down in Washington. Hoping Ernie can get a number today.

Buzz

OK, not Washington.

The number to call is 718-330-2301, Case #29-CA-100829, "Order Adopting in the Absence of Exception"