Atlantic Express Drivers

Started by Golfnut, December 07, 2013, 12:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golfnut

Saw a few Atlantic Express drivers filling out Applications in the Drivers Room today. Heard we are possibly picking up 80 Runs from Their Staten Island Company. That means 80 more workers,80 more Busses and Gas lines that will Wrap around the yard and down Arthur Kill Road !!!

sbdriver1

those staten island drivers are a different union, I believe that if Pioneer picks up atlantic work the 1181 atlantic express drivers like myself would automatically follow the work instead of them

Stugots

GOLFNUT 80 more runs to pick from.

sbdriver1

I hope I get to work for you guys and I hope you welcome any union AE drivers that come in. We're good people

Buzz

All 1181 members are GOOD people!! :thumbsup:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Golfnut

Buzz, does this mean when the 80 runs come in we will have another Pick ? On another note I wish all the Atlantic Express drivers who come to Pioneer and those who don't good luck! It's a horrible situation all around !

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on December 07, 2013, 02:54:00 AM
Buzz, does this mean when the 80 runs come in we will have another Pick ? On another note I wish all the Atlantic Express drivers who come to Pioneer and those who don't good luck! It's a horrible situation all around !

The whole notion of getting any runs is TOTALLY premature. The DoE may put these runs out as new work ... without the EPP ... and they'd be up for grabs by anybody. This would really be a kick in the ass to those people affected. (Of course the union is fighting this.)

But to answer your question, IF we were to get any runs there would not be another pick. The runs would either be assigned to the new drivers or the union could put just those runs up for pick by the new drivers until the next regular pick in August, when they would all be thrown into the mix.

Also, there were no Atlantic Express drivers filling out applications.

There are a LOT of rumors swirling around, but that's all they are ... rumors. Anything can happen, we have to wait and see.

John Eadicicco

Buzz you are mistaken. There were a few A/E drivers filling out applications today at our yard! I was a witness to this!
I do believe they were not 1181 members!

Golfnut

I saw them also. Their busses were parked on Arthur Kill Road ,I came in and they were at the back table filling the Apps out.

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on December 07, 2013, 04:01:50 AM
Buzz you are mistaken. There were a few A/E drivers filling out applications today at our yard! I was a witness to this!
I do believe they were not 1181 members!

I'm told they were not AE drivers and were there for other reasons.   :lipsrsealed:

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on December 07, 2013, 12:09:59 AM
Saw a few Atlantic Express drivers filling out Applications in the Drivers Room today. Heard we are possibly picking up 80 Runs from Their Staten Island Company. That means 80 more workers,80 more Busses and Gas lines that will Wrap around the yard and down Arthur Kill Road !!!

If we could fit 80 more buses in the yard we wouldn't need the Sharrotts yard!  :o (And actually, AE has 66 runs on S.I., not 80.)

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on December 07, 2013, 10:56:49 AM
Quote from: Golfnut on December 07, 2013, 12:09:59 AM

If we could fit 80 more buses in the yard we wouldn't need the Sharrotts yard!  :o (And actually, AE has 66 runs on S.I., not 80.)

i just seen a bunch of tractor trailers at 2890 with parking lifts that they use in new york city parking lots  drive bus on ramp,hit lift button then park another under lifted bus..i cant wait to see the first driver to climb ladder get in his bus and think he is a pilot...   :wink_cheesy: :wink_cheesy: :crazy: :crazy:

1union

Hey buzz whoever told you is lying I no a guy who was there said hello but did not get a chance to speak because every time I go to A k yard I want to throw up but am pretty sure he is not 1181 .

sbdriver1

The drivers at SI Bus are local 355 (I believe that's the union)

yabba